MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Cool! There are few things I enjoy more than watching Biaggi lose the front end while leading. :laughing:

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
C'mon, Griff. I think a lot of people have forgotten how good Biaggi really is. I'm willing to bet he wins the title his first year out.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Mad Max? With that limp and sawed off shotgun I'm shocked he can even complete a lap.

Seriously, he's beyond his "sell by" date.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Don't forget, Max is a four time world champion. If it weren't for Rossi I firmly believe he would have won the world championship.

Max:
raced the premier class for eight seasons.
lowest he's placed in championship points was 2005 where he finished fifth. He finished fourth once in 1999. Besides that he has not finished below third. He finished third in the championship three times and twice three times. He finished second his first year in 500's and won his first ever 500gp race. He has 13 GP wins and 58 podiums.

Bayliss:

Raced three years in GP. Highest finish was sixth in his rookie year (2003). in 2004 he finished fourteenth in points followed by a stellar fifteenth the following year. In comparison this last year where he raced one race an won he finished nineteenth in the championship. He has one win and five podiums.

The last year Biaggi and Bayliss raced together in GP's Bayliss finished 15th to Biaggi's fifth in the championship. The following year bayliss kicked the world superbike fields collective asses. Bayliss has the advantage of knowing all the tracks well, is more familiar with the tires and is well acquainted with superpole. On the other hand Biaggi was fastest at the first test at Valencia on RACE tires, not qualifiers. Max is still plenty fast and has something to prove.

A

·
0 Posts
max suxs
no other way to put it

never bite the hand that feeds you

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Hey it's good to see guys like Max going to supers, but seriously, Bayliss will win, he is just such a determined racer. You can't take his treatment in GP's into account. There are too many factors.
Supers is more "working class" in their approach.
Bayliss will win.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
We won't know until next season, but it should be great! I think its pretty obvious from both Rossi and this years events with Hayden that Honda has some issues, so max wasn't just talking out his ass.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
max is like a cracked egg though . hell never be right. he might be fast as shit when hes centered but you cant always stay centered . his passion seems to over take him . an ur right on honda they almost lost the world title for hayden , whos ever heard of ur team not helping u , givieing back a 50 point lead then letting ur teamate take u out . hondas just as nutty as max

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
logos1111 said:
max is like a cracked egg though . hell never be right.
Classic! :smoking:

I never meant to imply that Max isn't (wasn't?) fast, he was. But, to come back and win over Bayliss, Haga, or even Other Troy....Hmmm, I doubt it, certainly not this upcoming season. I think Max lacks the mental mettle to beat those guys. Just wait until Max has a lead, and Bayliss starts methodically reeling him in, a few tenths a lap, Max will panic and crash, or fold and fade. Better yet, wait until Max has a lead over Haga, and Nitro starts jamming it up on him. THAT should be some edge of the seat racing, for a few corners, until one or both of them go off in a dust cloud!

Should be a great year though, more fast guys at the front...

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I hate to say that old racers should pack it in.

People said for years that KRJR was washed up, and he goes and almost wins in Portugal, and would have if he didn't mess up his lap counting.

Max rode like crap the last few years in GP. I don't know if this is indicative of his current skill level or if he was just sort of waffling around.

It's not THAT hard to come out and impress in WSB on the short term. There have been lots of people who have been really fast at times and then went nowhere. Let's see...

Max Neukirchner
Sebastian Gimbert
Michel Fabrizio
Lorenzo Lanzi

I will say that it's very difficult to lump Max into this same group as these guys because he's more of a pedigreed rider, but this WSB fan has a thick skin when it comes to fast times in practice on the short term. It's the race that counts.

I think I tend to agree that the first few races will tell the story about Biaggi. If he thinks he can't win, he'll be waffling around like he has the last few years. If he can run at the front, we'll see a title fight. He's that talented. Hard to say that he will beat Bayliss, but he has that kind of talent.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I'm really looking forward to next season's racing! I respect Max's riding for the most part but he makes it very very difficult to like him - so I don't. Everyone has problems at work but when it consumes 100% of your communication about what you do it's time for you to move on! Hopefully he finds traction in WSBK. The series has really turned around over the past several years hasn't it? I know we all know this but WOW what a state it was in back a few years!

·
Registered
503 Posts
True. WSBK enjoyed top tier status for several years but somewhere around 2002-03 things went south. It became the "Ducati Cup". Glad to see it come back again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts