MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's face the fact. The original mirrors are pure *hit what comes to traffic security. It is impossible to see the background easily.

Is there any better mirros for F4? Red color mirros with blinkers - and with good design, of course.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I don't know any sport bikes that you can see behind worth a shit.
You could use bar ends but they inhibit your lane splitting.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I still wonder why they haven't invented a crash helmet with rear view cameras projecting inside the visor what is going on behind you... would be safer, would be more aerodynamic, would be cheaper in case of crash and would stop vibrating at whatever rpm...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Think you will find they have, just google it.
I still wonder why they haven't invented a crash helmet with rear view cameras projecting inside the visor what is going on behind you... would be safer, would be more aerodynamic, would be cheaper in case of crash and would stop vibrating at whatever rpm...

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Guess it's been a while since I was on an R6. I remember on my R1 I always had to move my arm to look behind.:f4:
Yeah. But then again. Mirrors are an afterthought for sport bikes. You have to remove them for the track anyway. :flash:

Although I have to admit it's bloody terrifying riding without them. Found that out while working out the bugs in my suspension on my track bike. :)

The mirrors on my 2002 are terrible as well and I bought some round stick on wide view mirrors to go on the ends for more visibility. Never put them on but perhaps that might be an option to widen the view behind you if you don't want to replace the mirrors. I also noticed on my 2002 that you can use the "flexy bendy" portion of the mirror and perhaps wedge something under that to push them out slightly more. I have just learned to accept the bad view from behind and ride at a pace where things behind me are not important. I guess I have learned the first rule of Italian driving. :)

·
Registered
935 Posts
Kind of a side note, on my F4 the mirror on the left gives a pretty clear image but the right hand one vibrates quite a bit. They both seem to be attached just the same, can't quite figure it out. :rant:

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Kind of a side note, on my F4 the mirror on the left gives a pretty clear image but the right hand one vibrates quite a bit. They both seem to be attached just the same, can't quite figure it out. :rant:
Next time your in the dealer for service I would mention it. Is it the mirror itself or the glass inside that's vibrating? My ancient 2002's mirrors give a rock solid view of my arms. :)

·
Registered
935 Posts
Next time your in the dealer for service I would mention it. Is it the mirror itself or the glass inside that's vibrating? My ancient 2002's mirrors give a rock solid view of my arms. :)
Seems to be the glass, I can't tell any difference in the mounting.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Seems to be the glass, I can't tell any difference in the mounting.
Never seen the inside of any MV mirror but there may be something that could be tightened or replaced. If you mention it to the dealer I'm sure they will try to do something for you.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Never seen the inside of any MV mirror but there may be something that could be tightened or replaced. If you mention it to the dealer I'm sure they will try to do something for you.
I'm not real concerned about it. I'm going to mount my GPS/Radar detector this week.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
There's a hole on the underside you can put an Allen key into to tighten it up if need be, but I doubt that'd solve vibrations. Don't tighten them too tight though as you can easily crack the glass when trying to push them to adjust them if too tight.

Si

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Hazzy lives

Gas it, and forget what's behind you...
He's survived marriage :yo:, good to see you mate.

As an old friend of mine told the cops in SA many years ago. They pulled him over because he had no mirrors or indicators on his Z1100 Shaft.
Officer - Where's your indicators and mirrors?:cross:
Piet - I know where I'm going, and where I've been.:wtf:

I thought it was funny - :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts