MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are dozens of threads on gas mileage, but my 2012 1090RR gets about 25 mpg in Sport Mode and 21 in Normal/Rain Mode.

One thought I have is that in Sport Mode it is optimized for power at the top end, so unless you are completely flogging the thing the entire tank of gas it gets better gas mileage at more sane usage.

Or maybe the switch is inverted??

Thanks

·
Registered
183 Posts
I can't comment about this on your bike as I don't have it on mine. But, I do get better gas mileage in sport mode compared to normal on my daily driver car (Honda CR-Z). Many have reported the same observation and the explanation presumably is that the car gets up to speed faster and then you coast or cruise more. This results in an overall improvement in fuel efficiency. This happening on your bike, however, indicates you're not flogging it enough!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ive had my Brutale for 18 months now and must be totally honest

I have never even taken it out of SPORT mode - why would you want to :f4:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Had down to 23 mpg with the MV Corse Race kit on my 13 RR. Mapped and with 160 rwp up to 33 mpg. Standard MV mapping is crap!

Jochen

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I've been running a pretty steady 30-35mpg since I've been steadily set on sport mode. I ran my break in period and a bit after in normal mode and sat around 25-27mpg. Haven't really run it long in normal since then, find it to hesitant off the bottom for any amount of stop and go driving.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Mapped in Germany via Rexxer / Alientech.

Went down up to 30% on fuel and adjusted ignition (MV Corse ECU) . In lower revs igintion was much too late. Therefore you have that "retard" feeling on the throttle.

Jochen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts