MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So was wanting to find out what others do in this regard?

I can easily take the tank and airbox off and some of the other bits of fairing etc to get at the engine etc. But what is a good process to follow?

Degrease the entire engine/gearbox and spray clean? Or is it best to clean a bit more carefully?

Thanks,

Simon

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Just a gentle decreaser which you can hose of, the only part where you have lots of buildup would be around the front sprocket, use something heavier duty and a brush there.
I still spray and wipe my engine etc with Silicone Spray and wipe afterwards, it make cleaning easier the next time around, and looks after wiring and plastics at the same time.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a gentle decreaser which you can hose of, the only part where you have lots of buildup would be around the front sprocket, use something heavier duty and a brush there.
I still spray and wipe my engine etc with Silicone Spray and wipe afterwards, it make cleaning easier the next time around, and looks after wiring and plastics at the same time.

Any specific 'gotchas' that need to be thought about when doing this?

Cheers again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
You can use some silicon or light oil to soften and then use a fine nozzle air gun off a compressor to agitate the muck in hard to get at areas...But wear goggles and don't breathe the whole time.

joe

·
Registered
445 Posts
Be careful to check the silicone you use for acetone type solvents in the ingredient list. It will eat up unpainted plastics, especially clear ones like the windshield. Some have these solvents some don`t.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts