MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent the day on Friday at GP performance in Oxford where I had a suspension setup done. Grant there is a wizard with the "springy stuff" his attention to detail was amazing, from the brand of tyre being used, weight including riding kit, etc etc... We figured most of my riding was fast bumpy road and he set up the bike for that. The transformation is incredible. I always thought the bike handled well but now the thing is amazing... turns sharper, doesn't squat too much under hard acceleration and tracks a corner beautifully.
For those who have not had their bikes setup I thoroughly recommend you do, you won't be disappointed.

·
Super Moderator
21,486 Posts
Absolutely the best bang for the buck!!

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Hiya Sam. Totally agree (as would most) that personalised suspension is the most effective mod. (Technically it's not a 'mod' but you get the gist)

I am actually disappointed that I didn't go the whole hog. (Do our American friends use that term - meaning go 'all out' or 'for the best'?)

I had mine (2007 F4 1000R) done by a suspension tech, but without my weight and riding kit. I actually queried why it was not done so, and the tech commented that unless one is prepared to buy new springs, fine tuning basic settings are just as effective. Logic tells me that even 'basic' settings would be vastly different for me at 99 kilos and Danny Pedrosa at 51 kilos.

I'll keep GP in mind. Oxford is an hour and a bit for me. I don't mind travelling to a well-referred business!

·
Super Moderator
21,486 Posts
Hiya Sam. Totally agree (as would most) that personalised suspension is the most effective mod. (Technically it's not a 'mod' but you get the gist)

I am actually disappointed that I didn't go the whole hog. (Do our American friends use that term - meaning go 'all out' or 'for the best'?)

I had mine (2007 F4 1000R) done by a suspension tech, but without my weight and riding kit. I actually queried why it was not done so, and the tech commented that unless one is prepared to buy new springs, fine tuning basic settings are just as effective. Logic tells me that even 'basic' settings would be vastly different for me at 99 kilos and Danny Pedrosa at 51 kilos.

I'll keep GP in mind. Oxford is an hour and a bit for me. I don't mind travelling to a well-referred business!
Yup, we certainly use "Whole Hog"!!

I was surprised at what is possible with correct springs for rider weight plus gear...I was also very surprised at what a fully fueled F4 312R weighs with me in full gear upon it!

Yes, 747 USDA Grade A pounds :jsm::jsm::jsm:

Upgrading springs, front and rear, was the magic that no amount of "fine tuning" the original setup could achieve.

You can't put 10 pounds of sh*t into a five pound bag and expect to carry it without getting messy.:wink2::smoking:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts