MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously considering this after reading all the threads here.
I want to make my bike as bullet proof as possible and it seems that is the only way to do it is by fitting the aftermarket unit.
So. Where do I go shopping??

·
Registered
248 Posts
I bought mine from Chris at X-Bikes (Because I was in the UK at the time). Service and after sales support is second to none.
If you are in Sydney I would say your best choice is Dom at Protech Motorcycles in Port Macquarie.
http://www.protechmotorcycles.com.au/
I'm planning to take my bike up there from Melbourne in the not too distant future to have it dyno tuned by Dom. He was trained by Chris and knows his way around a Microtec on an MV... :)

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Mate you can PM spypyp. His name is spiro he has a microtec brand new he wants to sell. Also zach from xplosive racing can also work on the microtec and chris from xbikes the ecu designer can conform this

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Chris's base maps are pretty damn close straight up. It'd be nice to take it to Protech or one of the other guys to have it fine tuned on the dyno, but I'm running one of Chris's "off the shelf" maps and it's bloody good.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Seriously considering this after reading all the threads here.
I want to make my bike as bullet proof as possible and it seems that is the only way to do it is by fitting the aftermarket unit.
So. Where do I go shopping??
You're doin the RIGHT thing!!:yo:
Best upgrade you can do.
Chris is the man!
Brian.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Might pay to find out for yourself, but I understand that mv australia will not honour a warranty if they believe that fitting a non approved product caused a failure that was claimed under warranty.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Pretty much my understanding as well. Might stick with the ECU that comes with the sport exhaust pack then until warranty expires. I recently found someone selling the complete Cannonball kit online:

http://www.evolutionbike.it/mvagustastore/index.php/engine-tuning/rdmt002049.html

If I'm going to jeopardise warranty I might as well do it in style when it expires.
That's not just someone, that's one of this Forums long standing sponsors, and a great group of people.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hence how I found it. Been trawling the sponsors sites for mods. Pretty confident I'll be contacting a dealer tomorrow to sort out a deal on a bike.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Chris is real busy just now and is taking about a week to get to emails so be patient as I had Chris fit the Microtec to both my MV 750 and my D16rr and what a difference. You will not be disappointed, best money you can spend. Glenn

1 - 20 of 45 Posts