MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Members:
I own a 06 Brutale 910 R and has the stock seat. Rode home with my new ride last month, over 550 miles in one day. Seat was Ok, does anyone have experience with the Corbin seat ? I do like the suede covered look, would you keep stock seat and recover with suede or go for a new Corbin ? Thanks

·
Registered
694 Posts
Hello Members:
I own a 06 Brutale 910 R and has the stock seat. Rode home with my new ride last month, over 550 miles in one day. Seat was Ok, does anyone have experience with the Corbin seat ? I do like the suede covered look, would you keep stock seat and recover with suede or go for a new Corbin ? Thanks
I've been thinking about getting a new seat since my stock one has started to discolor some. I want something more comfy, too, so I was thinking about a Corbin. When I went to order they had a crazy number of color and material choices. I really have a hard time envisioning what would look best. Really, I like the color of the stock seat really well (before it started getting spots).

I would want suede because there's always the chance it might get rained on when I drive the bike to work. And I'm not crazy about how it looks, either. I do like some of the fancy stitching and multi-colored seats.

Does anyone have a color combo they prefer over stock?

·
Administrator
20,788 Posts
Find Spencer Seats.....he modifies your seat with different foams and shaping, retaining the original cover and appearance. Nothing but good reviews and fairly inexpensive. Just google it. His web site is something like greatdayforaride or something.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Yeah, I thought about getting a Spencer seat done. I get the impression from people's reviews that he makes the seat better but not as much better as a Corbin would be. I might be wrong but that's my read on it. Comfort is pretty important for me because I like to be able to go for 300-400 miles without too much discomfort.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7912&highlight=spencer
I'd considered getting this done too Spry.,as a few miles in this seat can leave you 'walking like John Wayne' when you get off the bike:laughing:.
However someone on here a little while ago suggested wearing 'gel inserted cycle shorts' under your leathers as it helps immensely.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&...vptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_579vk064b2_b
When the weather is more suitable for riding I'm sure gonna try it!...and they're not very expensive either. (if 'comfort' is your priority)
Just a thought?
Brian:)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Good shout Brian, going to try that as I am hoping to do a tour in France this year and not sure my backside will endure the daily riding that well!

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Good shout Brian, going to try that as I am hoping to do a tour in France this year and not sure my backside will endure the daily riding that well!
I just took my own advice Dave and ordered a pair of these...http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B007HLUR4O/ref=ox_ya_os_product....I'll let you know how I get on:)
Reading the recommendations/reviews the opinion is order the 'next size up' as the fitting is tight. I'm a 32'' waist...so I ordered the 'large'
Brian:).

·
Registered
694 Posts
I'd considered getting this done too Spry.,as a few miles in this seat can leave you 'walking like John Wayne' when you get off the bike:laughing:.
However someone on here a little while ago suggested wearing 'gel inserted cycle shorts' under your leathers as it helps immensely.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&...vptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_579vk064b2_b
When the weather is more suitable for riding I'm sure gonna try it!...and they're not very expensive either. (if 'comfort' is your priority)
Just a thought?
Brian:)

What color is your 1078? The black bikes came with a seat that matched the paint. I think it looks better than black would. Of course, some other color combo might look even better but I'm not a person who can pick good colors.

Original black 1078:

·
Formerly known as Lumiator
146 Posts
Hi,

Maybe this one is worth a try?

I used this Luimoto Seat Cover

and thought it would be a good idea to build in this Gold Gel Pad also.

I am happy with the effect of having a seat now which is a bit firmer than OEM but even more comfortable.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
What color is your 1078? The black bikes came with a seat that matched the paint. I think it looks better than black would. Of course, some other color combo might look even better but I'm not a person who can pick good colors.

Original black 1078:

Mine's the red and silver one Spry...here it is:)

Attachments

·
Registered
694 Posts
Mine's the red and silver one Spry...here it is:)
Yeah, black looks great on the red/silver. I found a pick of eddypro's and the black corbin looks fine on his black 1078:

Still going to think about it for a while. May as well take my time because I will be looking at it for a long time.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a Corbin on my 910S. It is as hard as a rock and makes my ass ache after about 150 miles. I have a Corbin on my 996 and it is much softer. I don't know if the original purchaser of the seat requested such stiff foam, but I'm heard that Corbin will modify your seat to your liking.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I have a Corbin for mine, not crazy about the quality of fitment around the tank and it's heavy. On a 5 day trip it was way better than the stock seat but the rounded shape that makes it so comfortable just doesn't work with the lines of the bike. I rode up to San Fiasco with Alvin after the 08 MV meet to visit the factory. The Man himself agreed it didn't fit around the tank correctly. They reworked it but still doesn't fit like the stock seat. I decided appearance was more important than comfort and it's been collecting dust ever since. Pics in my album. If you look at the pic titled Big Bear you can see the fitment issue, and that was the good side.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yep guys, I'm one of those who swears by wearing the boxer shorts with gel inserts under my kevlar denim jeans. Got them cheap from sth Korea about $15 freighted. Normally worn by mountain bikers. Much better than my airhawk gel cover

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
252 Posts
Same issue on another bike

I have a Corbin for mine, not crazy about the quality of fitment around the tank and it's heavy. On a 5 day trip it was way better than the stock seat but the rounded shape that makes it so comfortable just doesn't work with the lines of the bike. I rode up to San Fiasco with Alvin after the 08 MV meet to visit the factory. The Man himself agreed it didn't fit around the tank correctly. They reworked it but still doesn't fit like the stock seat. I decided appearance was more important than comfort and it's been collecting dust ever since. Pics in my album. If you look at the pic titled Big Bear you can see the fitment issue, and that was the good side.
I really had a terrible experience with Corbin on my Tuono. Sent it back three times and still couldn't line the bolt holes up to install it. Fitment was awful as well. Took forever to get my money back. Even sent an email to the boss with no reply. Would not choose them ever again.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I believe that material is alcantara. Though I haven't seen one in person, Ade's are the best looking seats on the forum.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts