200.8MPH!!!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Dont touch the brakes until you see God

·
Registered
337 Posts
Who needs brakes, they just slow you down!

·
Registered
466 Posts
I seem to remember one of the old Isle of Man TT racers commenting his own lap,.. "You'll need to be a bit carefull round that lefthander, it can feel a but rough, an mess up your vision if your helmet touches the stone wall..." --

·
Registered
91 Posts
Although, movie racing and not truly on point but our Italian members will remember:

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Racing started as soon as the second bike was made!

Reactions: theknurl

·
Super Moderator
22,829 Posts

Reactions: XPARAUK

·
Registered
218 Posts
When I used to club race, the shop that supplied my bike also supplied Dave Jeffries with an R1 for superstock races at the TT. His footpegs were bent down with the force he used to turn the bike with. He told me once that when going through Sulby village at the YT, which is a 30mph limit through stone cottages right on the roadside, his vision would be blurred because at 190mph the bike is bouncing off each undulation in the road, and the suspension couldn't cope so it would tie itself in knots and bounce from one small bump to the next, making the bike vibrate and consequently he vibrated with it, blurring his vision.

He used to pinpoint his bike to markers and one road gulley he used was taken flat out, so he would just touch the edge of it, so basically he was positioning his bike at 170mph to within the length of a pencil of markers on the road. Incredible.

And now I look at how Pete Hickman goes around there now.....deary me.

Reactions: MRT
1 - 10 of 10 Posts