MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 brutale 750 and I am in need of a new clutch plate pack. I have called the local dealers and they don't have them, so if anyone happens to know the best place I would appreciate the help...thanks

·
Registered
14,409 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
My 750 plates were still good after 97000km. As Donsy said measure your springs but make sure you are referencing the correct figures as there are at least two different lengths for 750 and the 910 etc are different again. DO NOT buy 910 clutch plates, they are not the same as the 750.

Why do you think you need new plates, clutch slipping ? Two other possibles, you have aftermarket levers or the slave is leaking/needs a good bleed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I haven't pulled it part yet to measure anything, but basically the clutch throw for engage the is very short. I have bleed the clutch and didn't get much more out of it, so I figured it was the plates being worn. It is not like its unrideable, just more a feeling I would say. If anyone has any other ideas let me know.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
So, why do you think that is bad?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
If I were you I'd take the slave off the engine, pump the piston out and give it all a good clean. Put it back together and refill with fresh fluid. Spend the next hour bleeding it - just keep pumping that lever until the bubbles stop in the master cylinder and then proceed with a normal bleed procedure. If all that doesn't make any difference it's time to pull the clutch out...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts