MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, sorry for a daft questions but am relatively new to MVs.. Where's the best place(s) in London/South East UK to get spares for an F4 please. Just after odd bits that are looking tired etc.

Also, the bike I bought has cat removed and a power commander but as yet not sure how that's been programmed. Its runnning a bit rich (smell) and pops and bangs occasionally on the overrun. Anywhere you recommend please in my areas?

Thank you, will keep my eye open for you at Box Hill or Newlands Corner!

Paul Snowsill (Epsom)

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Welcome Mate

Nice to see another new guy, I hope you enjoy your time with the MV. Which model have you got ?
Pictures ? Where did you buy it ?
Anyway, for spares and Stuff, look at the site sponsors, if you look to the headings at the top you will see the Discussion Forum, go there and scroll down and you will see the site sponsors, DesignCorse is UK based but all those guys will help you.
Popping on the overun is not too uncommon but a Dyno run is usualy a good idea.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Hi guys, sorry for a daft questions but am relatively new to MVs.. Where's the best place(s) in London/South East UK to get spares for an F4 please. Just after odd bits that are looking tired etc.

Also, the bike I bought has cat removed and a power commander but as yet not sure how that's been programmed. Its runnning a bit rich (smell) and pops and bangs occasionally on the overrun. Anywhere you recommend please in my areas?

Paul Snowsill (Epsom)
Hey Paul,

Common practice is keeping the spares in your garage/house as they'll be safe from the weather. :stickpoke

Donsy's right on. Don't know about shipping across the pond, but Carl (CAG) is a good spot to check for used, and all the site sponsors are going to have your new stuff.

:drummer:

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
popping?

Lee;
its in the 0% & 2% columns in a PClll map.....this is where a lambda meter is so handy, mine uses LEDs so problems are real easy to spot

you can stop the popping by advancing the timing, when you have high MAP
oh thats right they don't measure that:stickpoke

:f4::brutale:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Paul,

Common practice is keeping the spares in your garage/house as they'll be safe from the weather. :stickpoke

Donsy's right on. Don't know about shipping across the pond, but Carl (CAG) is a good spot to check for used, and all the site sponsors are going to have your new stuff.

:drummer:

Thank you for your reply, much appreciated

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice to see another new guy, I hope you enjoy your time with the MV. Which model have you got ?
Pictures ? Where did you buy it ?
Anyway, for spares and Stuff, look at the site sponsors, if you look to the headings at the top you will see the Discussion Forum, go there and scroll down and you will see the site sponsors, DesignCorse is UK based but all those guys will help you.
Popping on the overun is not too uncommon but a Dyno run is usualy a good idea.
Thank you very much for your advice. Its a 2006 F4 100S1+1 and very standard. Thanks again!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Found myself in a similar situation when I got mine.

Tend to select a supplier according to the part. I have to say I found the UK distributor MotoGB great for most things, from washers and bolts to decals. I've used DesignCorse and Motovation for bits, but made the mistake of ordering from Dino Corse - avoid that guy.

We've got Red Dog in Edenbridge as a local dealer, but I've not been up there yet.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts

Paul Snowsill (Epsom)

Paul, welcome to the forum. You'll find a wealth of knowledge and advice from here.
My suggestion to you would be to post in " wanted" when you require parts. CAG is a very reliable source from USA and he knows his onions too.
When you require maintenance advice post in the appropriate section.
Search is very useful too.
I have a few bits and bobs from my own F4 build and will help u wherever and whenever possible.
atb
joe warwickshire

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Hi Paul

What specific parts are you after? I have a few bits and bobs, radiators, wheels, mirrors, fairing parts etc. Ebay is always worth a look, but you can just post up what you are looking for on here too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts