MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would throw this out to get some guidance.

I want to raise the final drive ratio on my Brutale 910S and looking at the online calculators going from 15T to 16T on the front sprocket will give a -6.24% rev reduction, conversely, going from 43T to 41T on the rear sprocket will provide a 4.65% reduction in revs for a given speed.

Percentage reduction in revs aside, does anyone have an opinion on which would be the best way to go?

:conveyer:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Fronts are cheaper

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone know if its possible to get a 16T front sprocket for a 910S Brutale? I tried one of the forum sponsors but didn't get a response.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not questioning your judgement mate but as I already have the front apart I figured it would be a simpler swap and kinda hoped that there was sufficient adjustment left so that I wouldn't have to put another link in the chain. What do you see as the advantage in swapping the rear other than each tooth less from standard being a smaller incremental change in gearing as compared to the front.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
So, what is it you're looking for ? Lower rpm per km/hr or the other way around ? Why do you think if you're going with a smaller rear sprocket would you need to add a link, it's the other way around.
Don't worry about my judgement mate, I aint got any, just experiance !!

http://www.gearingcommander.com/

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, sorry. My bad. I meant remove a link, or possibly two. So yes, I'm looking to drop the revs slightly, say by 5%. An extra tooth on the front is roughly 6% but I can't find a 16T front sprocket so I may have no option but to change the rear.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I have been emailing sprocketcenter.com (forum sponsor) and getting good/timely replies BTW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have been emailing sprocketcenter.com (forum sponsor) and getting good/timely replies BTW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Guess I was a little impatient, got a response this morning. No 16T front sprocket so it narrows my options down somewhat.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I couldn't source one anywhere so as I said in my earlier post, I've got a 40T rear to fit. The job is on hold at the moment while I wait for a 'spare' hub I bought to arrive. I intend to rebuild it with upgraded bearings and then do the hub/sprocket swap at the same time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts