MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, there are lots of threads about the best rear stand. Looks like the PitBull wins that prize. How about the best front stand.

Well built...easy to use...allows space for maintenance...wheel change...looks cool...

What matters, what works?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
best looking stands are the MV Corse stands. but i have the factory OEM front stand and it does the job. :smoking:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Baxley chocks are great. I have the red sport model. Love it. However, it isn't what I'm looking for.

What do you guys use for a front stand so you can work on the front end of your F4? Is there a front stand that allows wheel changes?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Don't know if you're looking for a SHOP stand or a TRACK stand but for the shop I use the stock MV stand on the rear and I use my Pit Bull rear stand (with custom pin) to raise the front of my Brute. Then I hang the bike from the rafters with soft straps. Gets EVERYTHING out of the way (including the stand) for front end work. Do a search. Best $20 front stand available anywhere. YMMV ;)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Can only advise on UK options..

Try this site, not sure if they export...

http://www.worldofpower.co.uk/acatalog/Motorcycle_Paddock_Stands.html

scroll down to...

Sealey, FPS2, Adjustable Front Wheel Stand (rubber pad type)
Sealey, FPS1, Universal Front Wheel Stand (spigot type to fork leg recess)
Sealey, FPS2, Adjustable Front Wheel Stand (adjsutable spigot)

I also contacted Harris Performance
https://www.harris-performance.com/website/frameset2.htm

select paddock stands...

I like their under fork spigot type. You will need to confirm the dimension between fork leg centres when you order.

Finally - emoto
http://www.emotouk.com/mvagusta/frontstand.htm
for the under yoke type which has the advantage of allowing forks to be removed.

I would go for the Harris option personally.

Hope this helps,
Tont.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
MV Corse stand is what I have and I think is exactly what your looking for. Light weight, easy to use and does not block access to the wheel or the brakes.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
SR71 said:
Baxley chocks are great. I have the red sport model. Love it. However, it isn't what I'm looking for.

What do you guys use for a front stand so you can work on the front end of your F4? Is there a front stand that allows wheel changes?
What about this:

Thats capable of taking out both wheels

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
yes, please tell us where we can get that stand!!! :mouthwate

·
Registered
151 Posts
Pit Bull has an adapter for their front-end stand for Ducatis that don't have a hole in the steering stem. Does anyone know whether it works for the MV Agustas?

·
Registered
151 Posts
hb88xx said:
What about this:

Thats capable of taking out both wheels
Unless that thing is bolted to the floor, I'll want to see someone demo that before using it on my bike. Look at where the wheels are in relation to the stand's legs. It wouldn't take much torque on the axles bolts to get that thing tipping. I've worked on enough bicycle stands to know how tippy they can be when working away from the center of the bike.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
leanin said:
Pit Bull has an adapter for their front-end stand for Ducatis that don't have a hole in the steering stem. Does anyone know whether it works for the MV Agustas?
It does not.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
leanin said:
Unless that thing is bolted to the floor, I'll want to see someone demo that before using it on my bike. Look at where the wheels are in relation to the stand's legs. It wouldn't take much torque on the axles bolts to get that thing tipping. I've worked on enough bicycle stands to know how tippy they can be when working away from the center of the bike.
I do not trust any stand on untorqueing. The stand is very easy and fast so letting it down for torque or untorque would be my preference.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Hi I use a "normal" universal rear stand. The one that has L shaped lugs that are designed to fit under a twin sided swingarm. (not the pick up knobs)

You simply re adjust the lugs and place them under the brake caliper supports on the front .It fits nicely between the two allen bolts and has rubber on it's surfaces. So a rear stand on the front, works perfectly.

·
Registered
151 Posts
MVASyd said:
Hi I use a "normal" universal rear stand. The one that has L shaped lugs that are designed to fit under a twin sided swingarm. (not the pick up knobs)

You simply re adjust the lugs and place them under the brake caliper supports on the front .It fits nicely between the two allen bolts and has rubber on it's surfaces. So a rear stand on the front, works perfectly.
Good point! I just looked and the Pit Bull front end stand will fit under the brake caliper supports also. I hadn't looked before and had assumed I'd need another stand to change tires since I'd always used the Pit Bull stand under the axle carrier or with its adapter through the steering stem. :blush:

·
Registered
522 Posts
leanin said:
Is this the one you are thinking of?

This is the Bike-Lift Under Lower Triple Front Stand 11/D is designed specifically for Ducati and MV Augusta models and made with 1.4” tubing along with a 4 piece design plus it’s powder-coated for added protection. This unit lifts your bike straight up using a large handle for easy execution.

http://www.mcstands.com/catalog.asp?product=1075

1 - 19 of 19 Posts