MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what the best exhaust upgrade for my 312RR 1078?
I have recently taken delivery of my new MV and although it only has 500kms on it and still needs more running in, i have found that I'd like to look at some options of changing the exhaust. I love the "organ pipe" look and would like to keep this with the upgraded version.
I have heard the RG3's are a good option.....is this true??
I also would like to know if when changing the exhaust i will have to upgrade the ECU chip?
I dont necessarily want an increase in power, however I do realize it usually comes with the upgrades. I would like to have a more raw or throatier sound from the new pipes if possible.

Finally, could anyone tell me if the above upgrades will still keep my factory warranty in tact?

Cheers
Ash
:f4:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
I hear good things about the Bodis sound....

(pun intentional, of course)

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Hard to go wrong with the RG3 if you like the organ pipe look.

Also, the moto corse slash cut titanium slipons. Those are my favorites.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
What's your budget for the exhaust system? Warranty would be a very grey area, technically any exhaust except the stock unit will not be warrantied because all after market exhaust including Rg3s are for race only use.

Removing the cat is a big no no in Australia.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
From an email by the man himself, Eraldo Ferracci:
You can't use the Power Commander with stock ECU and O2 sensor.
The only way to use the power commander is to replace the ECU Part F47802 Price $615.95 discard the O2 Sensor, run the bike should be ok, if still no the way you like, now you can purchase the Power commander it came with software so you can map. PC 730-411 price $349.00
Take Care and thank you for purchase our products.

To see the full story go here: http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22849
Note this is for a 312R but if you are replacing any part of the stock exhaust system, particularly the catalytic converter or installing less restrictive pipes you should install the "race" ECU.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
From an email by the man himself, Eraldo Ferracci:
You can't use the Power Commander with stock ECU and O2 sensor.
The only way to use the power commander is to replace the ECU Part F47802 Price $615.95 discard the O2 Sensor, run the bike should be ok, if still no the way you like, now you can purchase the Power commander it came with software so you can map. PC 730-411 price $349.00
Take Care and thank you for purchase our products.

To see the full story go here: http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22849
Note this is for a 312R but if you are replacing any part of the stock exhaust system, particularly the catalytic converter or installing less restrictive pipes you should install the "race" ECU.
Dave, do you know if any PC3 for the F4's is good to install on the 312R (with "race" ECU and decatted mid pipe?) or do i need a specific PC3?

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Hi Tiago,
The best information I have is that it should be PC 730-411. Just Google "power commander 730 411". There seems to be plenty of places to buy this item. I can tell you that the race ECU should work fine and not require a power commander, as Mr. Ferracci explains above, but I should clarify 3 things:
1. The race ECU comes with one of two fuel curves either Street for slip on exhausts only or Race for full systems (no catalytic converter and oxygen sensor removed and open exhausts eg: Bodis, Arrow, Moto Corse FBF etc). You should specify which ECU (Street or Race) best fits your current setup.
2. The standard ECU on the "euro 3" - (catalytic converter welded to headers) 312R is not compatable with any power commander.
3. Power Commander 730 411 is optional for further tuning of the fuel curve once the Street or Race ECU is installed. It is only required to fine tune fueling if the Street or Race ECU requires any adjustment along the rev range.

Hope that helps,
Dave.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Thanks Dave.
I already have the "race" ecu, but i have no idea if it has the street map or the race one. I do have the full system (arrow headers, no catalytic converter and oxygen sensor removed) along with RG3's.
My race ECU is from emoto, but i bought it from a forum member, not them :stickpoke
I may go the RapidBike route, since it can change the ignition timing and as far as i know that's the best way to eliminate the 5000rpm surge.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the info and opinions so far.
I've been hearing mixed reports of the RG3's and thanks to a forum member here who has a set nearby I might be able to check them out and hear them first hand.
I have done a little more research on the Moto Corse Ti/evoluzione system and putting price aside it seems to be a good way to go.
If I can get away with changing the slip-ons and possibly getting rid of the Mid-pipe and cat without having to change the ECU or adding a power commander, I think that might be the option.

Does anyone know of a supplier for the Moto Corse gear that has more info in English includin pricing?

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What's your budget for the exhaust system? Warranty would be a very grey area, technically any exhaust except the stock unit will not be warrantied because all after market exhaust including Rg3s are for race only use.

Removing the cat is a big no no in Australia.
I haven't really set a budget for the exhaust yet. Just trying to get an idea of what would suit and be best. Then i'll look at working on the cash. Being the type of bike it is, I'm definitely not going to skimp on the price, and dont minding spending extra if its a quality product and worth the money.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts