MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealership is telling me the RG3 Ti Open System is the best for it......any opinions? Lookwise....performance wise...and sound wise?

sil motos? motocorse? Zard? which do you guys prefer?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Answer is depends.

Most like the stock organ pipe look. RG3 or Motocorse would be the mass answer. Buy the one you like (look, sound, price) and :finger: everyone else. Except if you buy that Zard, then you can :finger: :stickpoke

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Don't buy the lard, oh I mean Zard. :laughing:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha.....the lards.....i dont like the look of them, but i've heard they sound really nice (102 db)....haven't heard RG3's in person.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
jskipper said:
haha.....the lards.....i dont like the look of them, but i've heard they sound really nice (102 db)....haven't heard RG3's in person.
Nhaaaa....... i like the looks of it (seems like i'm the only one though :cross: ), i prefer the looks of the original ones, but i'd buy a Zard too and i've heard the performance is tops.
I just hate the Sils :later:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
well without starting any trouble, the SPR has the performance headers AND RG3's stock IIRC. being the flagship, i don't think the SPR needs anything, unless you're into rearsets and marchesini's and stuff.

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
if you want something loud i would go with the Sil's, they had a good perfomance gain for not much $$. i would stay away from those hidious lard's too! :toothless

·
Registered
479 Posts
+2

Sil-Moto is a nice cost effective option, but I think they kinda mess up the looks. Only way I'd consider them is a track/race bike.

The Zard. Er, no.

The RG3's are great (and the SPR doesn't come with them), but for the price level of the Ti version, the MV Corse/Motocourse is what I'd buy.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Steptoe said:
So you pay AUD$13000 extra for the SPR. You don't get RG3's and you don't even get a top coat and clear coat, just a drop of primer. :moon:

TiNi must be expensive :later:
Ooh :shocker: I think they also have a handful of ponies over the SR.

BTW I've got RG3s on my SR and the difference is noticeable thoughout the rev range. Plus the sound, o the sound :guitarist

Cheers

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Hate the Zard... it is a fugly anti-Christ design :barfalot: :barfalot: :barfalot: :barfalot: , it could sound as good as a stolen Stradivarious (cheap too) and I wouldn't give a shit about it... IMHO.

want the best? Motocorse full ti system. $$$$$ but the best, that's why they make them for the MV SP. http://www.motocorse.jp/02_product/01_exhaust.html

Here are some detail pix of it on the bottom of this page and next page (pg 6)

http://www.mototek.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=751&perpage=15&pagenumber=5

·
Registered
474 Posts
milk&juice said:
Ooh :shocker: I think they also have a handful of ponies over the SR.

BTW I've got RG3s on my SR and the difference is noticeable thoughout the rev range. Plus the sound, o the sound :guitarist

Cheers
Maybe "my little ponies" :stickpoke

2003-2004 MV Agusta F4SPR (146 hp) limited to 300
2004 MV Agusta F4SR (SPR engined) (146 hp) limited to 300
Now you ain't saying the FAQ is wrong :argue:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
That was my understanding too, the SR has the SPR engine.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Let me clarify I've had a closet full of MV exhaust. Stock. Stock cored tips. Stock fully cored that I'd never used. RG3 Ago. Titanium F1 Corse.

All of those except for the full cored had at least several thousand miles on them. My SP headers are ceramic coated and my preference due to heat radiated or I would have gotten the full Ti. Mid range is also improved with the SP headers which is something I prefer over top end. Something to consider in my opinion.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the SPR doesn't come with RG3's........unfortunately.......

my dealer said something about an mv corse Full Race only system that is 120db...........anyone know anything about them?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts