MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an '04 with low miles and I'm thinking about upgrading to a newer, more powerful, better equipped Brutale. Should I just get a 2014 or were older models better. Which configuration?

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I'm partial because I own one, but it really think the 910R is the pinnacle of Brutie production. I've owned three of them. The 1078 is stronger in stock form, but I personally prefer the graphics of the 910. Mine has the titanium decatted exhaust, a special reflash with an Ed Eskew tune, and likely is as strong as most 1078 bikes.

Most people agree that the build quality of the earlier Bruties is better than the newer generations.

Ultimately, there will be a dozen different opinions on this matter, and yours is the only opinion that matters.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
no mate ,1078 all the way,Lol
910 not even close
no guns please
Aussie humor

now be gentle
:thewife::thewife::thewife::thewife::thewife::thewife::thewife:
cheers eddy

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've got an '04 with low miles and I'm thinking about upgrading to a newer, more powerful, better equipped Brutale. Should I just get a 2014 or were older models better. Which configuration?
Hi Mogan, i've got a 11-1090RR,nearly 2 years old,9,000k and i'm impressed with the build quality,i've had a LH mirror replaced(loose pod)and there's a little play in the rear wheel cushdrive,otherwise the thing has just got better and better,i've noticed from 13 onwards they have gone to mild steel frames machine welded from Cro Moly hand welded and cast not forged wheels,they quote more HP but the std 1090 motor isn't a slug, actually it has a brilliant spread of power Cheers Steve

·
Registered
11 Posts
easy question with an easy awnser, my 989R is the best :smoking:

But honestly you hear allot of stuf with the F3 models, and the ride by wire. I would stick to the F4 ( but thats me personally, not intending to start a F3 vs F4 war here )

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
ok,lets be honest here,now I ride with a lot of mates with all diferent types of bikes,the one thing they say is "now thats a sexy bike" this i feel is what sets the MV AGUSTA apart from many bikes,they turn heads always.

cheers eddy

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
no mate ,1078 all the way,Lol
910 not even close
no guns please
Aussie humor

now be gentle
:thewife::thewife::thewife::thewife::thewife::thewife::thewife:
cheers eddy
No doubt Eddy......I just don't personally like the graphics package on the 1078. I'm quite sure that a 1078 modded as mine is would be a beast.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I'm partial because I own one, but it really think the 910R is the pinnacle of Brutie production. I've owned three of them. The 1078 is stronger in stock form, but I personally prefer the graphics of the 910. Mine has the titanium decatted exhaust, a special reflash with an Ed Eskew tune, and likely is as strong as most 1078 bikes.

Most people agree that the build quality of the earlier Bruties is better than the newer generations.

Ultimately, there will be a dozen different opinions on this matter, and yours is the only opinion that matters.
have to Agree Randy the 750 and the 910 are real bruts you had to tame them ,to ride them .... then they started to bring the more tamed bike out easier to ride (for the blue oyster bar rider )

i love fishing

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
No NO before that was the real Brute,s the 750 and the 910 pure and raw
its like comparing a grizzly bear (910-750) and a soft cuddly teddy bear(the rest)

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
No NO before that was the real Brute,s the 750 and the 910 pure and raw
its like comparing a grizzly bear (910-750) and a soft cuddly teddy bear(the rest)
Are you not getting the 1078rr (this one ) mixed up with the 'New' generation (2010 and upwards) Col?

Believe me Col the Brutale 1078rr is the ultimate development of the 'first' and original generations of MV Agusta Brutale. ('Before' the buy over by Harley Davidson and then the subsequent resale)

If you want 'Raw'...it doesn't come any more visceral than this!
Brian:)

·
Registered
654 Posts
My 910s is brilliant and a big improvement over my Wife's 750, although I would love to upgrade to a 1078, even though I'm also not too keen on the 1078 graphics (sorry Eddy and Brian)...
I've never ridden a new generation Brute, but have heard that they're a bit "softer", and not as well put together.

Dave.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
The best Brutale is the one you own. My wife Jen acquired a 750 in 2006, it is the love of her life. Jen has ridden nearly every evoloution of a Brutale since then. 910R, 1078RR, 1090R, 675 and my new 800.

Her 750, became a 910s, now in 2014, it is a well developed evolution of the original, RAC forks, Brembo M4, Brembo superbike discs, BST Carbon wheels, HEL lines, dynojet PC3, catless, MV Special parts exhaust, X Bikes tuned, all carbon bits and Ti beast.

As said the best Brute is the one you own, make it better bit by bit, year by year, newer does not mean better.

jimboF4

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
My 910s is brilliant and a big improvement over my Wife's 750, although I would love to upgrade to a 1078, even though I'm also not too keen on the 1078 graphics (sorry Eddy and Brian)...
I've never ridden a new generation Brute, but have heard that they're a bit "softer", and not as well put together.

Dave.
:laughing::laughing: Don't worry about the 'graphics' Dave...easily sorted out with a tin of 'Dulux' gloss and a roller! http://www.duluxdecoratorcentre.co.uk/product/paint/interior-trim/gloss

Brian:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I'm not sure there truly is a poor choice when staying with the Brutale's. Just remember to consider the B3 as well. I'm sure it's a bit more than a step sideways, though you might have to be more comfortable with the electronics package. Do the 2014 B4s get more electronic control options/aids than the MY13?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Reckless, I'd agree my neighbors B800 is the bees knees, however I'm partial to the torque of my B4 and the seating position.

My favorite Brute ever, too bad I missed the sale.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=70906
Agreed - I have a 910R and I still would have considered that one for sale - it has a lot of nice parts on it for an incredible price! Probably better I didn't see it in time...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts