MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just interested to know your expereicne with various MV dealers around the UK. Please let me know about your best and worst experience. Cheers

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
On Yer Bike in Buckinghamshire used to have a cracking service department, but I don't rate them in recent years. They also have next to no new MV stock.

Forza Italia at Silverstone however are pure gents. Real bike enthusiasts that know MVs inside out.

Si

·
Registered
130 Posts
TheCatWhisperer said:
On Yer Bike in Buckinghamshire used to have a cracking service department, but I don't rate them in recent years. They also have next to no new MV stock.

Forza Italia at Silverstone however are pure gents. Real bike enthusiasts that know MVs inside out.

Si
Second all of the above.

I used to go to OYB but I don't go there any more.

However I've had 4 bikes in 4 years from Forza. Excellent people.

bc

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is my personal opinon that the MV dealer net work in the UK is total crap, apart from a few acceptions. I want to get a list together which I can present to MV and Three Cross. We are the owners and they should lisen to our genuine concerns and feedback.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'll wait before saying too much, but bike comes back overful of oil, things not fixed, chain too tight and generally oil everywhere. looks like it's serviced but is it really. And £66 p/hr to boot.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any UK owners that don't want to discuss their dealer problems on an open forum, please send me a PM

Cheers

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Can you guys get your work done by the fine Superstock teams represented on this board? That would be my first choice... Get your work done by people who absolutely have to get it right the first time, and support the race teams as well.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
BEST try Scotland

lot of bad press for dealers here

in the past if I wanted a good deal and good service I used to travel South

now it seens the tide may be turning, perhaps if the guys down south want good service now, they should head up North

WEST COAST SUPERBIKES - GOOD SERVICE - GIVE THEM A TRY

perhaps this is what MV need,

a fresh new dealership trying to give that extra mile, dont slant them without picking up the phone and seeing what they have on offer

and 3x !!!! you seem to forget they are in existance up here in Scotland, why sent people further up to Elgin and ignore them

all I can say is West Coast Superbikes have went out there way for myself,

they have offered pick up collection for servicing (and I am 80 miles away)

and very professionable I dont have a bad word to say, (well perhaps one, come on west coast get your web site fixed)
perhaps you guys should pick the phone and give them a chance, heres some pics again

P.S. Warren
this is one good dealership for your list

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Roy, its looks lovely, not seen a UK dealer like that before! However the down side, with flash dealerships, someone has to pay for all that!

Roy, did you strike a deal with them????

·
Registered
264 Posts
I've not had any work undertaken within the dealer network yet but have noted that some of the dealers seem to be quite small independent types with small stocks of bikes and no stock of spares! My nearest dealer also sell Benelli and Moto Morini and doesn't fill me with confidence, but have yet to test the water. Forza Italia used to be Baines Racing ? Website seems to be encouraging !

·
Registered
520 Posts
Anyone know Streffords of Worcester? My F4R is in there at the mo for new rad (warranty) and 3800 mile service and they seem totally genuine. Nathan there has his own MVs, races a fireblade and is very knowlegeable. Emailed me the other evening to confirm he is sorting my bike with the cam chain tensioner upgrade from the recall earlier this year that other dealers deny any knowledge of!! will keep you posted.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Forza Italia used to be Baines Racing ?
No. Baines Racing is still there at Silverstone and is a completely different outfit. (I don't think they actually sell bikes, just do servicing and race prep.) They've also at least one guy who really knows MVs too.

Si

·
Registered
101 Posts
forza italia

Hi Guys, I Got My 312 From Here, At Silverstone, The Local Dealer Here Wanted The Same Price For An Ex Demo With 800 Miles As A New One He Was Going To Sell Me For 14000 Big Ones !!!! So Went To Forza Italia Got The 312r With 500 Miles, For 13000, But Because I Needed An Alarm They Fitted A Meta Cat 1 And Delivered The Bike For The Same Price, And I Also Heard That They Would Do The Service While You Waited If You Rode To Them From Afar, Not Bad, But Yet To Try That Out In April When The First Service Is Due

·
Registered
101 Posts
Forza Italia

Hi, Maybe The Correct Route Is To Get The Dealers To Join This Forum And Take Note Of The Comments, But, Theres No Substitute For Chatting To Them First To Try To Solve The Problem, If No Joy Then Go Elsewhere And Make A Note On This Forum, Maybe There Should Be A Ref. To The Decent Dealers Out There, But At The Moment Forza Seems The Place Going By The Num Of People Visiting The Showroom.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts