MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
5,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After much searching and enquires,the 3 wire Beru stick type coils fitted to MV's are distributed by Federal-Mogul under their part number- ZS378.The original Beru part number which is labelled on top of the coil is-0 040 104 002.These coils are available through Federal-Mogul distributors or on eBay.This is the cheapest price I have found.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Zundspul...42854?pt=DE_Motorradteile&hash=item3f38816186

·
Old Wing Nut
22,164 Posts
Paid less than that from my local MV dealer...just sayin'...:eek:

·
Registered
652 Posts
After much searching and enquires,the 3 wire Beru stick type coils fitted to MV's are distributed by Federal-Mogul under their part number- ZS378.The original Beru part number which is labelled on top of the coil is-0400 104 002.These coils are available through Federal-Mogul distributors or on eBay.This is the cheapest price I have found.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Zundspul...42854?pt=DE_Motorradteile&hash=item3f38816186

Thanks Mitch

Good to know.

Btw the p/n on my coils is 0 040 104 002 (I have them in front of me) you might have a slight typo there.

Btw - My legacy plugs are stuffed - the end caps can't really be reattached / repaired.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Vendor
5,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks Steve,it was a typo-fixed.Those plugs can be replaced Steve.Are the locking tangs broken?
Ed,they are $300.00 each here at the dealers.

·
Old Wing Nut
22,164 Posts
Thanks Steve,it was a typo-fixed.Those plugs can be replaced Steve.Are the locking tangs broken?
Ed,they are $300.00 each here at the dealers.
Ouch!! :jsm:
You guys have always been charged higher prices then we see....must be import duties or something....
:wtf:

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
Ouch!! :jsm:
You guys have always been charged higher prices then we see....must be import duties or something....
:wtf:
NO, Ed its dealers/importers gouging:naughty::naughty::naughty:

when a rear hub cost us $480, it was $2160 in NZ

the Pirelli P Zero tires the_castle buys are F $125 R $140 here, in NZ those same tires are F $1,000 R $1,400

there is no duty if the cost of the item + postage is under $400

have 3 more fronts to send to Dave :drummer:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Noel is right on the mark again. We get bent over backwards this side of the planet.

I can get tyres from the USA shipped to me in 4 days for about half the price they are locally. Dealer complains that they are cheaper than his buy price when I ask him to fit them....

Same with MV parts, usually better than half the price and quicker from Startwin or the US. Add to that the fact that consumables like the cush drive rubbers for my 1090RR aren't even in the country and you can see why we struggle to support the locals even when we want to. God only knows when I'll get my new radiator :bash:

·
Old Wing Nut
22,164 Posts
Hmmmm....I just wonder if the commercial importers with commercial invoices for large amounts get hit with big tariffs...passsed along to the retailers and then you.

They can't list their shipment values as "gifts" or some very small amount to avoid the tariffs.

What kind of tariffs does your government impose on imported goods like rubber?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
10% Goods & Servixes Tax and upto 15% other duties. You'd think they would get a better price than I do buying at full rrp from Startwin etc.

Check what a Michelin Pilot Road 4 costs where you are. 190/55/17 is AU$310 here.

·
Registered
819 Posts
guess if you want to buy new then that's what one has to do. But usually one can find good used coils for a lot less. Have a full set for less than the cost of one.

At the very least its filling in info for others to find alternatives to dealer parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts