MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
awiner said:
Does anyone know anything about Benelli's ? They make awesome shotguns, but how are their bikes ?

I am thinking about adding one to the stable.

http://www.benelli.com/eng/MotoLista.asp

Notice the MV Handlebar electric pods:

I don't think it's the same Benelli :laughing: , I have a couple of the M1 and M3s myself that have vang comp and GGG worked on.

Nice looking bikes, I like their TNT more though, unfortunately the reviews for the Benellis are not that great in general, if one believes that sort of things.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I've never heard of a Benelli shotgun. Had a few Beretta's and currently own a Browning B series (made in Belgium Olivier!). But not Benelli are they good?

As for the bikes, rode a Tre before II got my Evo, they are OK but not a patch on the MV IMO, perhaps better for the taller rider too. :)

·
Registered
645 Posts
A few months back one of the magazines (either cycleworld or motorcyclist) had a story of a guy riding a TNT, through the desert no less! I will try to see if I can dig up the article tonight. Anyway, he flew into spain from the UK to buy the bike and rode to Dakar on various pot hole infested roads along with a desert jaunt and the bike held up. Addmittedly this guy was insane (kind of like most of us on this forum!)......but If his trip isnt a testimony to their reliability, I dont know what is!

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
awiner said:
I've been told is the same company Odonata.
what? are you kidding me? I can't seem to find any link between the companies.

http://benelli.com/eng/index.asp#

http://www.benelliusa.com/

John, the Benelli security shotguns are the golden standard for semi auto shotguns for the elite forces of police and military. I am not sure about their hunting shotguns because I don't own one of those.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
The first of the modern Benelli's had some problems with the cooling and fuel injection. The finish is far from the MV level. Bolts rusting, footrests breaking of and that sort of things. The italian company went bankrupt or so, and it's now owned by chinese investors. That's what I know...

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
I was looking to maybe get a TNT before I got my Brut, but I have never seen one in person. I like the idea of an Italian triple though.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Benelli are amazing bikes. When I was looking for a big roadster, I've had the chance to try a TNT. There is more couple in this bike that in every one. It was before the Brutale 910 was on the marked, so I has signed for the special "TNT Cafe racer" (see pic below). It was a few months before the Benelli factory stopped his production. Three month later, reading some bad article about Benelli, my dealer shows me the first 910 imported in Belgium. I immediately change my mind and now, this Brutale is mine. My TNT cafe racer was keeped in ordrer for the dealer showroom.

One year later (february 2006) my dealer invested 10000 EUR to show the new Benelli TNT at the Brussels motor show. She sells 5 of them. But a few moment after, she eared than maybe no one should be produced.

At this time the TNT cafe racer order on march 2005 is not still delivered and will probably never be.

I thing you have to know this before order one of those real amazing bikes.

It's a pity, but it's like that.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
awiner, . I have a friend here with a Tornado and while it's a nice bike it doesn't hold a candle to the MV and I feel you might wind up being dissapointed with it.

I'd be more inclined to go for a Fila 999R or another MV. The Brutale would be high on my list, the 910R or Gladio are stunning bikes which are perfect for those days you just feel like cruising and as for looking at it in the garage...more joy than the Benelli anyday.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Olive said:
Benelli are amazing bikes. When I was looking for a big roadster, I've had the chance to try a TNT. There is more couple in this bike that in every one. It was before the Brutale 910 was on the marked, so I has signed for the special "TNT Cafe racer" (see pic below). It was a few months before the Benelli factory stopped his production. Three month later, reading some bad article about Benelli, my dealer shows me the first 910 imported in Belgium. I immediately change my mind and now, this Brutale is mine. My TNT cafe racer was keeped in ordrer for the dealer showroom.

One year later (february 2006) my dealer invested 10000 EUR to show the new Benelli TNT at the Brussels motor show. She sells 5 of them. But a few moment after, she eared than maybe no one should be produced.

At this time the TNT cafe racer order on march 2005 is not still delivered and will probably never be.

I thing you have to know this before order one of those real amazing bikes.

It's a pity, but it's like that.
nice mean looking beast, I love it... a real hooligan bike!

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've been on the Benelli forum, because I actually considered one and even from the owners themselves, a majority of them felt that the marque was not of quality and there were persistent problems with the bike (Tornado) What I took away from my research was that most were dissapointed in quality and frequent down-time.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Everytime I see a Bennelli, I think cheapo Hyosung...

I dunno...something about them...screams "overpriced exclusivity"...and judging by all the recent reviews, seems I was right.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I think the TNT is a radical looking bike. Dave, my MV dealer had a secondhand Tornado in the showroom when I went to pick up my F4. It was less than a year old and he was selling it for the guy who owned it. I asked why he was selling and he explained the guy bought it from him new last summer. After about 2 months, something in the motor broke, he did tell me but I can't remember what it was, and the bike was off the road for 7 months while they got the replacement part from Italy. Now it's fixed, the guy just wants to sell it. He likes the bike, says it's great to ride, but he lives in fear of another long wait for parts should anything else break. :cross:

I actually had a Benelli 900 sei in the early 80's. I didn't keep it long, it was a pile of sh*t. :bawling:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the replies ! Looks like the Benellis are not all they seem to be. Too bad as they have a pretty radical looking design that would complement the MV F4 well.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
awiner said:
Thanks for all the replies ! Looks like the Benellis are not all they seem to be. Too bad as they have a pretty radical looking design that would complement the MV F4 well.
What about the Mondial Piega? sounds like you arer looking for a new toy...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts