MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering at times I enjoy working on bikes more than riding I just picked up a 2007 Benelli Tornado Naked Tre 1130. Even though it's well sorted it should keep me busy. :smile2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,895 Posts
Nice buy! We were looking at this ad the other day. If it's not too much trouble, a video that I can hear her would be great.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice buy! We were looking at this ad the other day. If it's not too much trouble, a video that I can hear her would be great.
I'm a bit premature with my post as the bike is in route but I will do so when it arrives.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had my eye on that Benelli, too. Every time I seem to buy a bike, something nicer or more interesting appears right after. Looks lovely!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Loved the soundtrack of the motor on the beautiful cafe racer, a thirsty motor but fast and the worst gear change I experienced on a bike...neutral needed to be set while riding.
Unfortunately after the Chinese connection I thought they would bring back the good old days of Benelli with some nice money invested but instead they turned into a scooter oriented platform and the usual Chinese copycat considering they launched recently two affordable 500 cc bikes look a like Multistada and Diavel>:)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Congrats, fabulous looking bikes and yours looks mint :)

My wife wants a Cafe Racer one of these. We looked at 2, both in terrible condition for the mileage, either the finishes aren't robust or the owners didn't look after them. There's a Cafe Racer with 2,700 miles on UK ebay at the moment...

Look at the state of the front forks corrosion/pitting

Frame plates;

What do owners do with them to get them like this, that must be 2700 miles on salted roads only These are also rare AF over here!!

They sound incredible, I'd love her to get one, I've also fancied the Tornado before also but as said, parts will be very difficult to come by. I joined the forum, there are a lot of horror stories but one has to take these with a handful of salt as usually it's down to inept owners, that said, I think my missus would be better off with a Triumph Street Triple which would be a much easier resale and maintenance proposition but boy do these TNT's look great!!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Nito did you check if it had any accident?
Indeed the bike looks nasty and I might be wrong but I tend to judge the motor with the caring on the outside.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I’m with you, that is indeed a nasty example! I wouldn’t even waste my time with that one!

There are lots of beautifully kept ones around, for some reason, all the Cafe Racer edition ones I’ve seen seem to be poorly kept comparatively speaking.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I’m with you, that is indeed a nasty example! I wouldn’t even waste my time with that one!

There are lots of beautifully kept ones around, for some reason, all the Cafe Racer edition ones I’ve seen seem to be poorly kept comparatively speaking.
If you can try to get a later version TNT EVO I believe they sorted a fez issues, for instancie gearbox and I believe paint and then you just need to add a Devil exhaust or Termi >:)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts