MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good friend just called me up, his local dealership are selling Tornado's at £6495 on the road, that's just over US $12,000. Sounds like a good deal to me. He's 6'2" so the high seat height won't bother him. I've always liked the look of them but prefer the MV everytime (well I would say that wouldn't I!!). I will post some pics when he takes delivery :)

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
I have always been interested in seeing one in person but never had the opportunity (yet). I'll await pictures :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Here some pics of my friend's Tornado:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
agusta01 said:
John, hope its not that lurid green one! Is the sun on over there?
No and Yes Graham. It's a red one apparently and the sun has been 'ON' for quite a while. :eek: Shade temperature here was 27 celcius yesterday. :smoking: Just a warm one for some of the guys in hotter climes I know, but pretty good going for our wet and windswept islands. :grin:

·
Registered
257 Posts
It is a matter of personal taste, but personally I always liked the design of the Benelli Tornado.

Because my friend had some problems with his Benelli (leaking exhaust leaving a dark spot on the swingarm, reseting tacho, clutch problems,...) I descided not to buy one.

The sound is really cool! It comes standard with a full exhaust system from arrow. Sound can't be compaired with Triumph for example.

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Very interesting gauge cluster! Their design sure is innovative. Would like to hear/see one some time. It is true though, however innovative it is, the quality and the beauty of the MV cannot be matched

·
Registered
312 Posts
DONT BUY IT !!!!!
2 friends of mine had one, both sufferd from same (big) problems, the one after another
my dealer also tells me things they normaly do not tell costumers, he hates selling those bikes because it costs him a great deal of time repairing bikes under warranty
the new line of 1130 engines is the reason of the price drops on the 900 serie
a warned man has the value of 2

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I take your point MV Blackie. I too have heard some horror stories about parts availability and the like on Benellis. Having said that, it might be an idea to buy one and break it offering the parts on ebay! :eek: A friend of mine broke his 955i Triumph which cost him £2800. After having a season's fun road riding with it. He sold the parts on ebay and last I heard, he had about £3500 in the bank with a few parts still available to sell!!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Nice bike - very good price! front end (nose fairing) is a bit flat, rear end is cool!

We have some carbon parts we are currently moulding for the Benelli which should be nice.

Pretty rare, prefer the F4s design and styling.

·
Registered
151 Posts
admin said:
I have always been interested in seeing one in person but never had the opportunity (yet). I'll await pictures :)
My buddy has the silver and green 05 benelli he just got, next time you are going to go to the cystal cove let me know I'll have him bring it down.

Ive ridden it, it handles surprisingly well, but it has nowhere NEAR the power of the MV, or any litre bike for that matter.. but it is pretty fun to ride :)

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My friend is picking his Tornado up on Thursday. I'll post some pictures next time we get together.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts