1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
18,860 Posts
Wonder if Ben still has and rides his MV?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts

·
Registered
5,572 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
For anyone interested, there was an article about Ben Hong's performance in 2/8/20 edition of LA Times.

The article mentioned that Ben was going through his own personal tragedy, losing his ex-wife to cancer at a young age of 50 in December. When asked to perform, he did not hesitate to perform to soothe the grieving family, the article said.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Hi guys! I am sorry for the delayed reply, hope al is well!

I haven’t been riding motorcycles in the last few years (but still riding my road bikes). I do still have my F4 senna 1000 and the 2 stroke Derbi GPR for the track, will be back on it one day...

It was a special honor to be able to play for the Kobe fans on 1/31 tribute. Certainly a lot of intense living in a short amount of time with everything happened in my personal life. You can read about it here, beautifully written by Bill Plaschke Plaschke: Cellist Ben Hong hit just the right notes at the Jan. 31 ceremony for Kobe Bryant

This forum was my second (virtual)home a while back for many years and I met a whole bunch of great friends. Thanks for your support and interest! My apologies again for the delayed reply. Ride safe!

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
bennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
wow so good to see ur pot again
u sir are the man
would love to meet u one day

·
Super Moderator
21,464 Posts
Ben, truly sorry to hear of your family's grieving. The things that hit us in life tend to bring out our strengths in the toughest of circumstances.
Happy to know you still have our bikes and the desire is there to ride. Music and motorcycles are my therapy.
I'd love to hear you play in person one day. The Cello has always been on my list of favorite instruments.
You play beautifully.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Slightly off-topic, but I didn't realize you were a fellow USC Trojan until I read Bill Plaschke's article. I was there during the mid '90s, so who knows, we might have crossed paths!

Anyways, Fight On!

·
Registered
729 Posts

I haven’t been riding motorcycles in the last few years (but still riding my road bikes). I do still have my F4 senna 1000 and the 2 stroke Derbi GPR for the track, will be back on it one day...

It was a special honor to be able to play for the Kobe fans on 1/31 tribute. Certainly a lot of intense living in a short amount of time with everything happened in my personal life. You can read about it here, beautifully written by Bill Plaschke Plaschke: Cellist Ben Hong hit just the right notes at the Jan. 31 ceremony for Kobe Bryant

This forum was my second (virtual)home a while back for many years and I met a whole bunch of great friends. Thanks for your support and interest! My apologies again for the delayed reply. Ride safe!
Ben, so very sorry to hear of your ex wife's passing. Peace be with you and your son my friend......

·
Registered
52 Posts
Slightly off-topic, but I didn't realize you were a fellow USC Trojan until I read Bill Plaschke's article. I was there during the mid '90s, so who knows, we might have crossed paths!

Anyways, Fight On!

Add me to the Trojan list, fight on!

And beautiful playing Ben, that is quite the honor. That must have meant the absolute world to the city of LA.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts

Oh Ben, sorry i didnt see the part about the passing of your ex wife. I am so sorry to hear of this. I hope you and your son are doing ok. I cant imagine the pain you both are going through.
Sending u lots of love and light ur way

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
does anyone know how i can see Ben play here. The above link shows no streams available or something like that.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Thanks for all your support and kind words. My son (who is 17) and I are both doing well under the circumstance.

Yes I was at USC 87-93! I also have been teaching there since 2012.

Here is a link to the entire pre game tribute of the January 31st game. With Usher, me, boyz 2 men, moment of silence and LeBron’s speech:

For those of you who are interested, in anticipation of the memorial service for Kobe next Monday, CBS News did an interview with me this afternoon about my experience which should air either this Saturday or Sunday in the evening nationally, producer is Bob Kozberg and the reporter is Danya Bucchus in case if you want to look it up.

I am honored that I had the opportunity and was able to contribute- I want to make it clear that this isn’t about me at all. I should also mention that The Lakers is a top notch organization, I can sense they are like a family- the staff, players from bottom to the top... they really suffered a profound loss to their organization. They took me in like I was part of the family and took care of me.

Thanks again!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts