MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MV Agusta, in their infinite wisdom, created stock fairings that do NOT allow you to put a fluid retaining belly pan on the bike unless you replace all the fairings. Awesome... but wait, there is a solution... one home made, carbon fiber belly pan. Hey Presto!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Administrator
20,073 Posts
Nicely done!!! I take it your track day organizers require fluid retention on all bikes?

You may want to make a mold and offer replicas for others in need!!

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
That's what I thought Ed, over here guys can still do track days on Motard etc, looks like you guys need these over in the US of A.
Only when you get into the upper classes do you need your bike "race" prepped.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Depends on the track... In the A group (fast) you need all safety wiring and a fluid retention belly pan. For other groups (out on the same day) you don't - go figure. For any racing, even at club level, you need it.

If I get enough requests I'll look at making a nice mold to make better looking ones, but its not really worth the mold work unless there are at least a half dozen or more.

Corran

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Depends on the track... In the A group (fast) you need all safety wiring and a fluid retention belly pan. For other groups (out on the same day) you don't - go figure. For any racing, even at club level, you need it.

If I get enough requests I'll look at making a nice mold to make better looking ones, but its not really worth the mold work unless there are at least a half dozen or more.

Corran

Pretty similar over her Corran. But if you go club racing, you just replace all the body parts in any case. A-group is mostly licensed riders so their bikes have to be prepped as per race GCRC's.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I just cant be [email protected]#ed to take all the street stuff off for a track day or a club race, then put it all back on so I can ride it street all the time. So I safety wire the lot, slap this belly pan on, tape over any lights and off I go...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts