1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2015 MV Agusta F4 RC
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought the bike of my dreams since 2002 F4

2015 MV Agusta F4 RC

I would usually prefer to buy new, but this bike I have wanted from the day I saw it in 2015, prior to this bike I had an F3 675 EAS when it came out.

·
Registered
2015 MV Agusta F4 RC
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
She’s dirty and about to be winter prepped, waxed, buffed etc... 700km mileage.

·
Wing Nut
21,304 Posts
Welcome to the family @WarrenG !! Smart buy, especially since the F4 is out of production. She's a beauty !!

·
Registered
2015 MV Agusta F4 RC
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the family @WarrenG !! Smart buy, especially since the F4 is out of production. She's a beauty !!
Thank you very much, my only concern living in Montreal is that there are no longer any dealers and if I need Parts to service the bike. I found some old Ducati mechanics and techs who’s tarted their own maintenance shop in Montreal, they said they should be able to work on the bike if it needs anything besides oil changes and minor work.

the only pieces I’m missing from the original owner of the bike and sale of the bike is the box that mv gives you with the other race exhaust and parts and the cover, does anyone know where I can order the oem box and bike cover. I have all the parts I believe.
I would also like to get the certificate for the bike
i have all the other parts.

thank you

·
Registered
2015 MV Agusta F4 RC
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey everyone, I brought my 2015 mv F4RC in to a shop that specializes in al bikes and Europeans, as there are no dealers willing to service an mv in Montreal canada.
The bike has just under 700km, always kept in doors temperature regulated.

i was wondering if there is anything I should tell my mechanic too look out for.
Bikes seems to be good this far, it appear to be in amazing condition.

thanks guys, beyond excited to join the MV family and get to ride the bike come springtime

·
Vendor
5,571 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Bike looks stunning.
Contact MV direct on the box and see what they come back with.

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
Bellow Warren!

Looks great, congratulations. I have nothing to add for your mechanics to know. Seems you probably have your head wrapped around the basics. Maybe ask if they can help configure your suspension, that is of course assuming they have suspension knowledge. It's just easier if you have assistance, particularly for the rear shock. Allow for some Pandemic Pudge. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Hello and welcome from Tasmania, Australia.

The F4 is quite solid, I can't think of anything that you may need to particularly worry about. They do not like being washed/getting wet, apparently, or so I have heard a few people say.

The quickshifter is up only, at least on the RR, and not to be relied on. There is an MV factory aftermarket QS that sorts it all, rear sets and all the electronics, I think it is about $3000 AUD, so perhaps slightly less in Canuck land. There are aftermarket alternatives that are cheaper, if you are interested a member in England called Danosarr or something like that is your man. I can't remember the brand name of the aftermarket, ECU Studios maybe?

The 6000 klm service is really just fluids, throttle body balance and miscellaneous checks. The valve service at 12,000 is a major.

There are some tools you may need if you dinnay already have them, the rear wheel nut is polygonal, left hand thread & with an unusually high torque rating, so if you plan on taking wheels of yourself you will need a decent sized bar and a torque wrench that goes to at least 220 nm. It sounds more intimidating than it is.

If you do a search on this forum for any of these subjects you can find out more, the rear wheel socket I bought here in Aust also has an insert for the front wheel of the F4, so I suggest you take your time and shop around. There is a link below to the one that I bought, it was recommended to me by someone of the highest credibility.

Bikeservice MV August WheelLock Nut Socket (f1moto.com.au)

There is an F4 workshop manual and a F4 engine manual to be had here on the forum, they are most useful.

·
Registered
2015 MV Agusta F4 RC
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bellow Warren!

Looks great, congratulations. I have nothing to add for your mechanics to know. Seems you probably have your head wrapped around the basics. Maybe ask if they can help configure your suspension, that is of course assuming they have suspension knowledge. It's just easier if you have assistance, particularly for the rear shock. Allow for some Pandemic Pudge. :ROFLMAO:
Thanks very much, will do!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts