MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was amazed how heavy the standard system was, agree with mark, must be around 10kg's. Still haven't had a chance to ride, back at work now, fingers crossed for Sunday morning!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I read somewhere on here 4.4lbs & 18.8 for std system, so about 6.5kg saving, felt like more than that. I'm curious now, I'll weigh the anchor tomorrow.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Finally put mufflers off Brutale and headers/cat system on scales, mufflers exactly 5kgs with headers/cat 6kgs, didn't weigh arrow setup but estimate it would be less than 3:5 kgs

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi guys, went for a ride on Wednesday, getting lots of popping & backfire on the over run. Checked over flanges & joints yesterday & there doesnt seem to be any leaks, is this normal? I'm going to get PCV fitted at next service in 2000K's, any recommendations on air filters? Thanks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Do you have the DB killer in or out? My 2012 1090RR runs sweet with it in no other mods, but pops and farts without it, suggesting it needs richening up, way to loud for my liking with DB out

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hi guys, went for a ride on Wednesday, getting lots of popping & backfire on the over run. Checked over flanges & joints yesterday & there doesnt seem to be any leaks, is this normal? I'm going to get PCV fitted at next service in 2000K's, any recommendations on air filters? Thanks.
If you installed a full exhaust system you really should install the PCV and remap it at the same time. You will notice an instant difference and improvement once your PCV is installed. I wouldn't run without the PCV for an extended time since you are going to be losing performance and potentially running hot.

With a slip on you can typically get away without remapping it but with a full system the air flow is changed much more so your air to fuel ratio needs adjusted.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I thought the same thing but the Motovation website says it's no problem running with standard fuelling, think I'll get the PCV fitted soon just to be safe, thanks Smoker.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Fitted the arrow headers to my 1078 with the mv corse silencers the other day and after a few rides out the fuelling seems fine. Theres still the low down surging but on/off throttle seems improved and the bike runs a lot cooler Well pleased so far with them.:f4:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Fitted Arrow system to my baby today, of course it started pissing rain straight away GRRR! Looks & sounds amazing, can't wait to ride!
Looks great psycho16161... Just after I posted I like mine all stock I must admit she looks good done up with the Arrow.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts