MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our local Motorcycle monopoly stupidmarket has the Star Race Day Tricolour on sale for a good price:
http://shop.peterstevens.com.au/BE310302080054/Star-Helmet-_dash_-Race-Day-Tricolour/pd.php

I popped in to have a look and it looked like a pretty good helmet and fitted very comfortably. I turned it over and saw "Made in China" so I put it back on the shelf. I thought that Bell was proudly made in America?

Is it just me, or is it reasonable to draw the line at trusting your head to a Chinese made helmet?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Design and manufacturing process design is in the USA. You trust Chinese made items with your life every day. Some very nice things are made in China. Some terrible things are too. I trust that Bell is among the former.

I race with a Bell Star Carbon Roland Sands.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I also have a Bell Carbon a Race Day helmet and it's a great helmet for the money. A little noisy but adding additional ear padding resolves it.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Have the helmet advertised above - it has a good build and the advertised price is very good.
It is very comfortable for me, noisier than my previous shoei xr1100 and I suspect slightly lighter but never have bothered to compare weight.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
14,412 Posts
Zac;

my Bell Star is way quieter than my Arai Quantum F, and I always use ear plugs anyway

and only Bell has the "Transitions" photochromic shield

:drummer:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts