MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you fine folks have a picture "down the pipe" before and after removing a DB Killer from a shorty MV Corse exhaust such as this?

010s.jpg

I think I know what I need to do to remove the DB Killer...but I would welcome advice from those who have gone before me!

Thanks
:smoking:

·
Registered
14,574 Posts
Chuck;
on the Arrows its held in by a snap ring.....what holds it in on the MV Corse?

·
Registered
52 Posts
It has been a couple of years since I sold my Brutale with the short MV Corse exhaust; but I seem to recall taking some padding and a pair of pliers and twisting the insert a quarter turn to the left to remove it. There was no screw holding it in place. Do the opposite to reinstall.

Don't lose the insert because you will likely want to reinstall it after hearing how loud the bike is with the open pipe.

·
Registered
126 Posts
There is a Cir-Clip that holds it in place.

Use a pair of needle nose pliers or cir-clip pliers to squeeze the ends together and pull out.

·
Super Moderator
22,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, there is a cir-clip that holds it in. I just wondered if anyone had taken a pic of the system 'down the pipe".

I assume you remove the clip and the center piece just slides out.

·
Registered
14,574 Posts
inside her?

inside the can.....

Chuck;
its a round piece of perforated tubing wrapped in packing.......nothing complicated like a uterus

:naughty:

·
Registered
14,574 Posts
butt plug?

Yes, there is a cir-clip that holds it in. I just wondered if anyone had taken a pic of the system 'down the pipe".

I assume you remove the clip and the center piece just slides out.
take a chance.....its just a restriction, a butt plug in the pipe

yes, it will need to be remapped because of the primitive FI system on MVs

:wtf:

·
Super Moderator
22,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lucky me I know a guy that can check the mapping....hmmmm, now where did I put my cir-clip pliers....:smoking:

·
Super Moderator
22,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There ya go!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Now you tell me?

It has been a couple of years since I sold my Brutale with the short MV Corse exhaust; but I seem to recall taking some padding and a pair of pliers and twisting the insert a quarter turn to the left to remove it. There was no screw holding it in place. Do the opposite to reinstall.

Don't lose the insert because you will likely want to reinstall it after hearing how loud the bike is with the open pipe.
There's supposed to be a DB killer? Agent delivered my 2013 1090RR without DB killer, can't see me ever wanting it in either. It is pretty loud though, but gets motorists' attention, especially the pops around 5000 rpm when shutting off the gas.:laughing: Coming to think of it, probably means by brand new, just delivered MV Corse ECU won't work.:cry: Here we go again......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts