MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sold my f3 675 and they guy travelled about 150 kms with no issues, got on a ferry for 3 hours, then when he rode off the oil light came on and he had a constant beeping noise. He restarted and all was fine apparantly. Would this just be low oil ? I never had this issue when i owned and its typical it happened when i just sold it. Ive google it but no answers. Thanks.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Just sold my f3 675 and they guy travelled about 150 kms with no issues, got on a ferry for 3 hours, then when he rode off the oil light came on and he had a constant beeping noise. He restarted and all was fine apparantly. Would this just be low oil ? I never had this issue when i owned and its typical it happened when i just sold it. Ive google it but no answers. Thanks.
The oil light does double up as a number of warning lights e.g. side stand.

Does the bike have an alarm?

·
Registered
126 Posts
The oil light does double up as a number of warning lights e.g. side stand.

Does the bike have an alarm?
Not sure that's right. The side stand light is orange, at the top of the dash, next to the shift light and the oil light is a dedicated red light behind black plastic in the warning lights section to the right of the dash - comes up on ignition before you start it.

Never heard my bike make a beep for anything though - not to say it doesn't.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Also - the oil light being red, it'll be a pressure warning, not a level warning. So if it lights up and the bike is running, damage is being done.

Perhaps just a sensor glitch as stopping and starting seemed to re-set. Wouldn't ever ride with an oil light on though - if it's really reporting low pressure, the engine is eating itself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts