MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really enjoying my B3 800 Brutale now and with spring in the air here in the northern hemisphere, I have been riding more and more and have begun thinking....................how could the B800 be improved?

So with the aid of a few cold ones, I started dreaming of what I believe the ultimate B800 would be.

First, more power, not that the standard bike is shoddy but one can never have too much power, so how to go about it? Tuning modern engines is nor really practical, bur as the F3 800 has a good bit more bhp due to a second set of injectors etc, how hard would it be to transplant the bits to a B800. Plenty of F3 800 engines going to be available as some owners park them in the scenery over the next six months.

So a transplant might work.

Next, the standard wheels are mehhh, a set of lightweight rims are needed, I do have a couple of sets of good wheels kicking around so maybe that is the way to go.

Suspension, on the standard bike marginal to say the least, Ohlins TTX would sort that at the rear, maybe a set of road and track forks up front, downside is cost, looking at £ 3k all in, hefty but my oh my, that could be good.:mouthwate

Brakes, not a lot wrong anyway, but I did already fit a bigger set of Brembo's from the start, awesome so not needing more tbh.

Not interested in changing bodywork or colours, you cannot beat an MV in red and silver!:)

All very easy to sort in the pub with plenty of beer, but apart from money, how hard would this be?:yo:

·
Registered
742 Posts
Engine is probably the most difficult to get right. More HP without losing character. (Bumps in the power curve) As for the front forks, with money not being an issue. I would get me some Marzocchi RAC's. :mouthwate

Ooh, and don't forget to add a nice rearset with reversed motogp like shifting. :f4:

You could replace the B3 cams with the cams of an F3. That should give you some more power at higher revs but i prefer low and midrange power. Bigger downpipes with an open exhaust and a modified intake should give you 5-10 hp with ease. Double injectors could be a problem because the ECU does not know about the extra injectors. Maybe you can use the software or complete ECU from the F3.

I like to wander off. Even more so with a beer. :)

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts