Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
Don't freaking remind me:banghead::shitfan:

I am so jealous!:bandit::violin:

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
This is going to be a fantastic day.

With so few people signed up, there is going to be a lot of track time.

Thanks for setting this up Nate.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah, Nate, said it before and am saying it again: thank you from the Virginia/Maryland contingent! No of us have run there previously and we're psyched! Curious as to how many have really committed and is registration closed? And BTW, great job lining up this generous man to help tune suspensions. :mouthwate

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
23 riders are paid.

2 more sent their money this week (waiting for it in the mail) but they're Control Riding.

3 paid in beginner (both days)
11 Sat and 10 Sun paid in Intermediate
8 paid in advanced (both days)

Expecting about 5 to 10 more but 'don't count chickens before they hatch.' lol

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If anybody's interested (that signed up for the track day), I have a hookup with Dunlop Q2s.

About $220 a set. I may be able to arrange a group buy too in the future.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Nate,

Thanks again for setting this up! Well done. Be prepared for me to pester you all weekend about attending Bubba II trackday at Little Tally on Columbus Day. You have to make that happen. With you being my inspiration to set up a track day, my, "mentor," if you will, I think it only appropriate that you attend on Columbus Day.

I just finished 5 track days at Thunderbolt, (Sat/Sun/Mon this past weekend, and Sat/Sun over Easter weekend), so I've been practicing. But, (unless you're Casey Stoner), first time on a new track is first time, so I'll be taking it easy until I get the lay of the land. Speaking of which, thanks for posting the youtube link. Looks like an interesting lay out!

I smiled when I read you're waiting for checks to arrive. When I was collecting money for Bubba II, a few people paid by check rather than paypal, which is fine. And everybody's check arrived without delay. But everytime I hear the phrase, "The check's in the mail," I smile to myself. When I was in high school, anytime this phrase was mentioned, somebody would answer, "I was just about to call you!," which was always followed up with, "I won't cum in your mouth!"

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nate,

Thanks again for setting this up! Well done. Be prepared for me to pester you all weekend about attending Bubba II trackday at Little Tally on Columbus Day. You have to make that happen. With you being my inspiration to set up a track day, my, "mentor," if you will, I think it only appropriate that you attend on Columbus Day.

I just finished 5 track days at Thunderbolt, (Sat/Sun/Mon this past weekend, and Sat/Sun over Easter weekend), so I've been practicing. But, (unless you're Casey Stoner), first time on a new track is first time, so I'll be taking it easy until I get the lay of the land. Speaking of which, thanks for posting the youtube link. Looks like an interesting lay out!

I smiled when I read you're waiting for checks to arrive. When I was collecting money for Bubba II, a few people paid by check rather than paypal, which is fine. And everybody's check arrived without delay. But everytime I hear the phrase, "The check's in the mail," I smile to myself. When I was in high school, anytime this phrase was mentioned, somebody would answer, "I was just about to call you!," which was always followed up with, "I won't cum in your mouth!"
I'm soooo excited about this man. The time is going to fly by because we're going to be having so much fun.

I know what you mean about 'Check's in the mail'. hahahahahaha

I'm so sorry about bubba II. The way my dept. is set up, I'm on the FINRA holiday schedule. All of my co-workers are out and I'm the only one in that day. So I can't even trade.

If you were at Thunderbolt last weekend then you probably saw a lot of guys that will be at my track day. Most of my A Group sign-ups were there as well as some of the Intermediate guys.

I'm going to be soooo rusty. I've only been on the bike once this season and did about 10 miles. lolz. I'm getting smoked at my own track day.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've also arranged to have a photographer there.

CDs will be sold at $75 a pop.

If I get a few more signups maybe I will buy the $1,500 package and everyone who attends will get a free CD.

...man I'm getting goosebumps. :yo:

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
I'm going to have to back out of throwing a big blast as my dog is going downhill with cancer and it probably isn't going to be a super happy envioronment around here come's the 23rd. But all are welcome for burgers and beer if you like. Except for Cag and Elton. They get no chow, just a straw mat in the barn.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Lee, don't know you but will soon. Hang tough with the pooch...had a bunch and of course we always have to go thru this sooner or later. Their departures all still hurt but their memories live forever and something tells me we'll be hooking up again somewhere somehow. Heart goes out to you and yours bro.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts