MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a pic of my new bike with it's stable mate....

The Beauty and the Beast, which is which?

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I also have a Jota. Great Italian muscle bike, not for the faint hearted! A friend of mine once said, he always felt close to meeting his maker when ridining the Jota! Its a great Italian classic.

·
Registered
16 Posts
love 'em both

I have a 1975 1000 3c which has been partially "Jota-ized." It is just a raucous ride ... I love it. MVs are great too in a different way.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I thought Jota was that little guy in the Star Wars movies.....:)

I really love the classic Laverdas. How do they ride, guys?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeap - great bikes. I too used to have a "120" Jota - an ace bike (probably a "girls bike" compared to the beast of the old 180!!). Seems to be a few similarities with some of us here regarding our taste in metal!?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you for the big welcome , much appreciated:) . I'm glad you liked my bikes. I think they are both beauties, the Jota is defiantly a beast and the ride demands lots of concentration to get the most out of it, I love riding it, the sound is just awesome. I've always wanted one since I was 18 when one passed me on the Bath Road between Bristol & Bath in the late 70's. I did a ground up rebuild on her and returned her to the road about 3 years ago.

I have only owned the MV a week! She's not MOT'd or taxed yet, I'm waiting for the return of the registration document from Swansea. I cant wait to ride her properly and feel the beast :f4: !! I feel like a kid with a new gift (can't call her a toy) at Christmas. Hopefully the weather will improve a bit (well a lot actually) It's been awful over the last week or so, roll on the Summer!

I was told by the previous owner who polished them (evidently they were blue) that the exhaust was manufactured by 'Blue Flame' but subsequently I have found out they don't make a system for the F4! I'll post a better pic and perhaps somebody can confirm if they are indeed Silmoto's. They are quite loud, I'm a little concerned about the MOT.

Looking forward to joining in with the forum.

Clevedon is in N.Somerset near Bristol.

Gazz

·
Registered
520 Posts
Gazz said:
Here is a pic of my new bike with it's stable mate....

The Beauty and the Beast, which is which?

Welcome to the Forum Gaz..
I always dreamed a Jota myself, particularly when I had a Triumph T160.
I was always into triples, starting with a Kwak KH250, then the T160. A mad flirtation with an XS750 Yamaha which was truly awful.
This set me of on a quest for a Jota which went a bit arie when I bought a CBX1000 (double triple?!) I loved that bike, wished I still had it.
A briefy forray with some Kwackers preceeded my return to triples with Triumph of which I still have my 955 Daytona (99).
The F4R is something else though! You will love it!
Watch out when going from one bike to the other. If I have been riding the MV for a few weeks and then take the Triumph out, I am caning the nuts off it as am demanding more revs all the time!
Enjoy...
Tont

·
Registered
271 Posts
Gazz said:
Thank you for the big welcome , much appreciated:) . I'm glad you liked my bikes. I think they are both beauties, the Jota is defiantly a beast and the ride demands lots of concentration to get the most out of it, I love riding it, the sound is just awesome. I've always wanted one since I was 18 when one passed me on the Bath Road between Bristol & Bath in the late 70's. I did a ground up rebuild on her and returned her to the road about 3 years ago.

I have only owned the MV a week! She's not MOT'd or taxed yet, I'm waiting for the return of the registration document from Swansea. I cant wait to ride her properly and feel the beast :f4: !! I feel like a kid with a new gift (can't call her a toy) at Christmas. Hopefully the weather will improve a bit (well a lot actually) It's been awful over the last week or so, roll on the Summer!

I was told by the previous owner who polished them (evidently they were blue) that the exhaust was manufactured by 'Blue Flame' but subsequently I have found out they don't make a system for the F4! I'll post a better pic and perhaps somebody can confirm if they are indeed Silmoto's. They are quite loud, I'm a little concerned about the MOT.

Looking forward to joining in with the forum.

Clevedon is in N.Somerset near Bristol.

Gazz
Yeah, Gazz they look like silmoto mufflers. I run them on my bike. When out in the twisties my mates say that they can hear me but cant see me.
They are very loud. Check the mufflers to see if you can see the manufacturers logo. You may have to have a real close look but I think you may still see it where the logo,s used to be.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've had a quick look but can't see any mark on the mufflers, I'll have a better look tomorrow. I'll take a pic and post it. I have a rev limiter on the Jota now courtesy of the electronic ignition which ensures I don't get to carried away :) It also takes a moment or two when I haven't ridden her for a while to remember to brake with the left foot.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi

Blue flame did make end cans for the F4750 for a short while a few years back - in a range of materials. They looked a lot like the silmoto ones - so could well be blue flame.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts