MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I begin to realize that my cush drive rubbers may be toast. Jerkiness is really awful these days at 6000km.
The F3 800 RC 2018, while being a Euro 4 bike still carries the old style Euro 3 cush drive unit apparently.

I have contacted my dealer to check if MV is willing to "recall" my old drive entirely for a newer one. If not, I'll just change the rubbers and look closer at the BDS-system, which looks really nice. Any long term experiences of them so far?
I've not made much mileage with the BDS Carrier. What I can say at this stage : much better feeling in response to the acceleration, and while the previous sprocket carrier required changes of silent blocks after 3-4k km, I've already done more than double with no requirements for change. And I also know some people who made more than 30k km without a single issue and no changes of silend blocks with the BDS carrier...

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've not made much mileage with the BDS Carrier. What I can say at this stage : much better feeling in response to the acceleration, and while the previous sprocket carrier required changes of silent blocks after 3-4k km, I've already done more than double with no requirements for change. And I also know some people who made more than 30k km without a single issue and no changes of silend blocks with the BDS carrier...
That's good to hear Marc, and very reassuring.
The price isn't all to bad for a good looking quality product either.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That's good to hear Marc, and very reassuring.
The price isn't all to bad for a good looking quality product either.
Price wise, it is a bit more than if you change the sprocket carrier by the OEM post 2018 from MV Agusta... Ultimately, when you are inclined to change, it's a no brainer..

·
Registered
122 Posts
Price wise, it is a bit more than if you change the sprocket carrier by the OEM post 2018 from MV Agusta... Ultimately, when you are inclined to change, it's a no brainer..
Yeah, I'll be going for that solution. The dealer just confirmed at MV would not just give me a better unit, as expected :p
Temporary rubber-cushions ordered until I get get my hands on the BDS unit.
Is it difficult to install by yourself with just a rear stand?

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yeah, I'll be going for that solution. The dealer just confirmed at MV would not just give me a better unit, as expected :p
Temporary rubber-cushions ordered until I get get my hands on the BDS unit.
Is it difficult to install by yourself with just a rear stand?
I did not installed myself, as it was done during a periodic maintenance at my delaer. That being said, it should be fearly easy to install, but with a center stand: the rear stand is set on the sprocket carrier side.

By the way, it's also suggested to change the spacer between hub and sprocket carrier as the OEM one may have been wore out (especially if the original rubber cushions wore out quickly). One spacer from BDS was installed at the same time than the BDS sprocket carrier...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks! Guess I'll have to get it installed at my dealers place then, if they want to. They don't seem very inclined to bolt 3rdparty stuff onto the bikes unless you bought it from them...
I'll look into the spacer thing you mention as well.

·
Administrator
19,804 Posts
You could do it without lifting the bike....just have a friend hold it upright, or lean it against something on the right side.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Judging from the workshop manual I see now that it shouldn't be too hard. As long as the wheel doesn't need to come off (it doesn't seem like it?).

Also Marc: Is this the spacer you mentioned?

·
Administrator
19,804 Posts
Wheel does not need to come off.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Judging from the workshop manual I see now that it shouldn't be too hard. As long as the wheel doesn't need to come off (it doesn't seem like it?).

Also Marc: Is this the spacer you mentioned?
Yes it is.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts