MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have the above battery tenders, permanently connected to our 2019 Dragsters, during the Winter months. Three days ago we had an electric outage, three times in a row, over a five minute period. Also the following day, we were receiving approximately 170V incoming electric, instead of the usual 230V (not sure for how long).

Before the electric outage, both tenders were showing a solid green light, whenever I checked. Currently (excuse the pun), both tenders are flashing green, every second. I have disconnected and reconnected both tenders, over 24 hours ago, and they are still flashing.

I was wondering if the electric outage has messed up the tenders or batteries. This is based on the assumption that the solid green light should have returned by now.

Thoughts, please?

·
Administrator
19,139 Posts
The Battery Tender JR is not the best charger out there...they probably have taken a dump. Check voltage at the battery (unplug tender and measure there for ease). Is it 13+ volts? Plug in tender and probe the leads (or the battery terminals)...is it 14+ ? That will tell you if your tenders are junk or if the battery is now dead.
Good battery should be 13+ volts with key off. Tender should put out 14+ volts when connected.
Good opportunity to buy a NOCO or Optimate smart charger.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the feedback.

After 3 days they are now both solid green. So hopefully all back to normal.

I have read that after a 30 day period they do a 'reboot' (for want of the use of better word), perhaps this had coincided with the electrical outage?

I will check the voltage as you have advised esq'z. Cheers

·
Super Moderator
21,780 Posts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts