MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bazzaz for a 312? or race ecu and PC5?

Has anyone tired a bazzaz on a312 f4? Is it compatible?
Looking for an option to a $1300 microtec, Is a race ECU and a PC3 or Bazzaz an option?

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Looking for an option to a $1300 microtec, Is a race ECU and a PC3 or Bazzaz an option?
Race ECU and PC5 is an option, but less of a price also gives you less results. I have looked into Bazzaz in the past and could not find anything for the F4, might have changed though.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts

With the greatest respect why spend anything when the problem with the running of a 312 is ignition related and not fuel (well not as much as people think).

Nothing and i mean Nothing commercially available offers you access to the ignition maps other than a Microtec.

I've been in your position, i've spent months researching options for my customers and the only one that i found that did everything and more was the Microtec. No it isn't cheap but $ for $ it offers far greater value for money and opens up the full potential of the bike.

If you're buying new then prices here break down as follows.

Race ECU £350-400
PCV £310 ish
Dyno time £150 ish

Grand total £810-£860 ish

For that you get to turn the 02 sensor off as dyno jet still don't offer a cure for that and you get to only adjust fuel by intercepting the signal not actually controlling the timing.

The Microtec from me is as follows.

ECU £968.40
Fitting and mapping £231.60

Totals £1200.

Both sets of prices include our sales tax here which is 20%:jsm::jsm::jsm::jerkoff: Which doesn't apply to you.

The Microtec will allow fuel adjustemnt to each injector individually, ignition adjustment, quickshifter input, switchable maps, launch control, pit limiter, adjustable rev limit, and proper user defined fuel and ignition transients not a global adjustment like other piggyback units. With extra sensors it has the potential to offer a lot more as well.

My advice is if you can't justify a Microtec then that's cool but please don't waste good money after bad trying to acheive a similar result for less, it isn't out there and you will just waste your cash. You would get better value for money changing that cash into $1 bills and going to a titty bar for the weekend or if that ain't your thang then spend it on fireworks or something.

Your suggestion is an option yes; but not a very good one.

As an aside i had a customer drop his MV off the other day. whilst he was here i let him have a go on another bike similar to his that had the ECU fitted just to give him an idea of what we were aiming to achieve.

He was gone just under 10 minutes and came back saying "if you can do that to my bike i'll be a very happy man indeed. You can feel the difference just pulling out the drive way let alone just riding it".

I have a gravel drive here so crap running bikes show up on this type of surface quite easily.

I stand by the product, it allows the bike to work properly but saying that it is only as good as the map being installed into it...........crap map = crap bike ;)

:)

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Hahaha

With the greatest respect why spend anything when the problem with the running of a 312 is ignition related and not fuel (well not as much as people think).

Nothing and i mean Nothing commercially available offers you access to the ignition maps other than a Microtec.

I've been in your position, i've spent months researching options for my customers and the only one that i found that did everything and more was the Microtec. No it isn't cheap but $ for $ it offers far greater value for money and opens up the full potential of the bike.

If you're buying new then prices here break down as follows.

Race ECU £350-400
PCV £310 ish
Dyno time £150 ish

Grand total £810-£860 ish

For that you get to turn the 02 sensor off as dyno jet still don't offer a cure for that and you get to only adjust fuel by intercepting the signal not actually controlling the timing.

The Microtec from me is as follows.

ECU £968.40
Fitting and mapping £231.60

Totals £1200.

Both sets of prices include our sales tax here which is 20%:jsm::jsm::jsm::jerkoff: Which doesn't apply to you.

The Microtec will allow fuel adjustemnt to each injector individually, ignition adjustment, quickshifter input, switchable maps, launch control, pit limiter, adjustable rev limit, and proper user defined fuel and ignition transients not a global adjustment like other piggyback units. With extra sensors it has the potential to offer a lot more as well.

My advice is if you can't justify a Microtec then that's cool but please don't waste good money after bad trying to acheive a similar result for less, it isn't out there and you will just waste your cash. You would get better value for money changing that cash into £1 bills and going to a titty bar for the weekend or if that ain't your thang then spend it on fireworks or something.

Your suggestion is an option yes; but not a very good one.

As an aside i had a customer drop his MV off the other day. whilst he was here i let him have a go on another bike similar to his that had the ECU fitted just to give him an idea of what we were aiming to achieve.

He was gone just under 10 minutes and came back saying "if you can do that to my bike i'll be a very happy man indeed. You can feel the difference just pulling out the drive way let alone just riding it".

I have a gravel drive here so crap running bikes show up on this type of surface quite easily.

I stand by the product, it allows the bike to work properly but saying that it is only as good as the map being installed into it...........crap map = crap bike ;)

That's what I meant :naughty:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
X81 good answer. .... Does it take an expert to fit all that stuff?

How does 'launch control' work is there a switch to turn everything off or is it all done thru the computer???

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
X81 good answer. .... Does it take an expert to fit all that stuff?

How does 'launch control' work is there a switch to turn everything off or is it all done thru the computer???
Dons is ya man for the launch control. I've never actually used it personally (stupid i know but just never got round to it) whereas Dons has used it in anger racing i believe.

It's controlled by an external switch that connects to the Main communication 20pin plug. switch it on to set Launch control, when it reaches a threshold sped it wil revert things to normal.

Possibly this winter i will be exploring some of this stuff like i should have done 2 winters ago :banghead:

Fitting the ECU is simple, unbolt old one, bolt new one in, plug it in and away you go.

Mapping involves a bit more expertise but equally is not impossible to learn if you have an amount of common sense and some patience and shockingly you have to go against the LAW of MAN and read the manual...................i know i know it's just plain wrong but in this instance reading the manual does actually help ;)

Otherwise it's a doddle :)

·
Registered
1,756 Posts

Also as a side effect of fitting the ECU and it having a proper map installed i have been told that bikes are running around 10 degC cooler if not more.................which is a very nice side effect to gain. :)

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I just bought complete bazzaz kits little over $1300 for my Duc, when I called for support WTF they don't know what the fuck I was talking about, giving me all kind of bad direction, their so new on market most of phone supporter don't even know what the hell they were talking about. I don't think they made one for MV yet.
I would go with Xbike (Microtec), he does show a lot of support even those you buy a use Microtec from a forum members, he does stand behind his product and know what he talking about, I like that

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Giggling hard over here

Sorry Chris, I was just reading Phil's report on the Bazzaz crap hehehe.(Should see the BMW boys cry)
Anyway, we will have a chat in the off season and maybe get a bit of a write-up going for the boys about how to connect quick shifters and make launch control work etc. I love this ECU and think it is worth more than any bling most blokes put on their bikes.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can do a race ecu and PC5 for close to half of what the Microtec it's self will cost me. Not everyone can just say hey this is better so I'll spend twice as much. I would at some point like to get an exhaust too and considering what that costs saving $600-$800 on the ecu would really help out.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
+100

I can do a race ecu and PC5 for close to half of what the Microtec it's self will cost me. Not everyone can just say hey this is better so I'll spend twice as much. I would at some point like to get an exhaust too and considering what that costs saving $600-$800 on the ecu would really help out.
And you are right mate, I rode my first season with a PC3 only, not even a Race ECU in the bike, in most cases I would just get the PC3 and a good dyno guy. As long as you know that's as good as it will get, and honestly - that is enough for many guys too.
I would avoid anything other then the well used products though.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
you might be right if you do/install your self, as first I bought FBF clipon, and it was popping and back fire like hell, nobody advise me to get microtech, most advise for pc3usb, air filter so went with that round, buying everything from the guys at dyno tuning and let them do it for me cause I was know nothing hand on the MV, here is what was cost me without Race ECU, last year Race ECU I bought for $550 might be less this years, total cost me $1500 for my bike run it right.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34789&page=2

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm lucky in that a buddy is a great tuner with a dyno and his shop is down the street. I want the microtec but with getting married in April and trying to pay off some things I just can't spend a pile of money.
What are the benifits of the Race ECU other then being programable? Do I need a PC5 on top of it? Could I get the ECU and use it on my stock bike or stock bike? Would it help or hurt the stock fueling? Sorry about all the details I just do not know all the ins and outs of what each option provides.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
why don't you lists what you have and what do you want to get for your bike see some of us here can tune in and help you same as I am.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Fair enough and like i said i appreciate it isn't the cheapest option but it does offer everything you want.

If you only have a limited budget then personally i would put what have allocated for this aside and wait untill you are able to top things up or untill a second ECU pops up. I am constantly on the look out for second hand units and where possible buy them back from customers who trade their bikes in.

Interestingly i can produce almost as much power from a std bike with just an ECU as you can from a bike with RG3's and a PC3.

In your other post you mention race ECU, are referring to Microtec or the MV race ecu.

Only the microtec is programmable.

Seriously, please don't spend money just to have spent something and to buy a gadget for your bike..........you're right it's not a small amount of money so why sopend what you have on a false economy, i genuinly think you won't get the result you are looking for..........................I could be wrong but i don't think i am.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you come across a used unit that would be a great option. I am not really looking for more power although I wont turn it down lol. I just want it to run cooler and smoother. I am also thinking about an exhaust in the future. As it stands it is stock with no cat and one tooth up in the rear.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
DoomwithanF4 since you are getting married in april you should ask for a microtek for your bike as a wedding gift :naughty:

And you can tell your future wife "my darling wife, this ecu will make me happy, while at the same time making you happy and this equals to a happy marriage":love: :violin: :devilsmok

and if she does take that into consideration, you can add "it will also help me be a safer rider by adjusting the air and fuel combination making the bike ride smoother aka safer :naughty:

my wife never wanted to buy anything for my 1/4 mile car. not even an air freshner. but she noticed how happy Ana (bike) has made me and made our marriage better. and soon we are both going to be buying the microtek. hopefully before X-mas :yo:.

give a shot, you never know :laughing:

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
By the time I got through trying everything other than a Microtech I had spent more than if I had just gone with it in the first place. The Microtech IMHO is the best answer out there. Bar none.

Sort of like buying cheap tools which have to replaced when one could have gotten a first class tool to begin with and probably spent the same after all was said and done.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts