MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the track last weekend and I had to pull the side-stand to fit the race glass on the bike. That meant I had to use the rear-stand. What a Pain In The Ass.
When the hub gets hot, and your sweaty and tired and sore, getting the bike balanced and working the rear-stand into/out of the rear hub is a nightmare.

So I bought a Baxley Sport Chock. This thing is AWESOME. I put it in the garage and now I just ride my bike into it and walk away. I was really doubtful that it would "lock" the front tire very well, but it totally works as advertised. Rocking the bike back and forth once it's on the stand results in the stand rocking off the floor. Even if you pushed the bike all the way over, the stand would stay locked on the front tire. But when you roll the bike backwards, it pops right out.

The guys at Kyle Racing are good peeps, too. Sent me some replacement parts for my Satos, and the wheel chock. It was here in a couple of days, packed well, and reasonably priced.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
have one as well, rolling up to the house, click the garage door opener before I get there, and just ride up into the garage into the chock and thats its. Bloody fantastic!

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Agreed--I am keeping mine even though I am currently sans-bike--It's just far too useful.

The best thing is 1-PERSON trailer load/unload, AWESOME!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yep I have two ,and they have proved to be a great help for countless things when working on your bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
i make my own. they aint pretty but they aint $300 either. :)

btw, single sided stands make awesome cable pullers spool things..... whatever theyre called :wtf:

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
They are great, but don't work to well with tire warmers on!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have several and they are the best I have found so far. One problem though, with a hot front tire it will stick and is a SOB to get the bike out. I have found I have to pry the tire off the thing specially after getting home from a track day or two and the bikes have been in the trailer for a few days before I put them in the shop. Once you figure that one out you are all set.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts