MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question,wednesday went to go out and would not start.put it back on charger and Friday tried again and it started first time.took it off charger and put it back on this morning 45 minutes before I was going to go for a spin and would not start.the charger is showing 12.3 when I plug it.its only a year old battery and usually put on charger but it does have a data tool alarm.any ideas would be appreciated lads

·
Formerly known as Lumiator
146 Posts
Seems to me that the battery is dead. Maybe the effect of a complete discharge?

Had the same issue a few weeks ago with a 1 year old Yuasa YTZ10S. It began the way you described and ended with very strange electronic irritations (confused gear counter and speedo plus an error message saying 'Fault, Stop Engine, Can Line'.

After installation of a new battery (trying out a LiFePo) everything works fine again.

Cheers, Juergen

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Juergen,I have it on charge at the moment and I will try it tomorrow morning.But I reckon it's knackered which I suppose I should be happy with as its only a battery and nothing more serious.

·
Registered
14,203 Posts
?

I'd disconnect the Data Fool alarm then charge the battery ......

Then load test the battery and measure system voltage while running

:naughty:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I fully charged it today and it started so I turned it off and waited a few minutes and tried again and it started but struggled a bit.i plugged out and left it off for 5 hours and tried again and would not start,I would say it's knackered.i know the data tool is very heavy but I like to have an alarm especially for my insurance premium.ive sent you a pm noel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts