MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,467 Posts
I use Smart technology chargers, so once the charger is applied it stays applied until spring. Many years of this with no ill effect. October to April/May.

·
Super Moderator
21,467 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
7,701 Posts
All the time on the Ago. I have a lithium battery on the Senna and Mona and I never charge them.

·
Administrator
18,862 Posts
All the time on the Ago. I have a lithium battery on the Senna and Mona and I never charge them.
You had better, if you don't go for nice 1+ hour rides an a regular basis. There is parasitic draw on those Li batteries that will kill them eventually.
Killed my Shorai when I was remodeling the house and moving and didn't ride her for about 8 months and couldn't hook up the charger. Honestly thought it would be OK based on all the talk. I hooked her up to the charger when I could, but not soon enough.

So I have a Shorai charger sitting around....won't spend the $$ for another Li battery when a Yuasa AGM works just fine and lasts 8+ years..... of course, they are a tad bit heavier,

Oh, my bikes are on the smart chargers anytime I'm not riding. The MV supplied chargers for those 2 bikes.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Optimate 4 hooked up all the time

1 - 12 of 12 Posts