MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I think it's time to invest in something to maintain the batteries on the vechiles that are going to be sitting throughout the winter months.

I see battery tender as the brand name that jumps out, is it the product to get or has it become the defacto name for battery maintenance devices.

What do you guys use?

In case it matters, I need to put them on three cars, two bikes and a quad......

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I use Battery Tender brand battery tenders. They're the best. I have a 4 station charger and a few singles. I tried another brand, (something I bought at the auto parts store), and it was a piece of crap.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I use Battery Tender brand battery tenders. They're the best.
And the seas parted........make note friends, I'm in complete agreement with my friend Elton.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
I too listened to Randy last year:bawling: and purchased 2. Will need to get one more soon.

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
I've had better results with the Battery Tender Plus than the Battery Tender Junior. I still don't like keeping the Battery Tender Plus running 24x7, so keep all 5 of mine plugged into a power strip and turn the power strip on 1 night per week, and then off the next day. For a winter-stored boat, I keep the Battery Tender Plus plugged into a grounded timer set to be on 5 hours per day, as it's not accessible to turn it on 1 night per week.

·
Administrator
20,391 Posts
Optimate 3+

The BEST charger you can buy. A bit more costly then a battery tender, but much "smarter" and a true charger, not just a "maintenance tender", with sulfated battery recovery capability.

If you only need one charger, buy the Optimate. If you need to maintain a fleet of bikes the Battery Tender is a good choice, but it is only a "maintainer".

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
And the seas parted........make note friends, I'm in complete agreement with my friend Elton.
:bash:Randy, I don't know what is happening to you and Carl but since Carl meet Elton at the track the three of you seem to agree a lot often then ever before! :ahhh:
Maybe it is that Elton converted over to the dark side, I don't know.

Ohh yeah Battery Tender.
I simply use Battery Tender Junior on my Bikes and Car over the winter. At the same time I do Turn them On every Sunday so that they DON'T forget what day of the week it is!!!:loser:

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
ven diagrams

Randy, I don't know what is happening to you and Carl, but since Carl meet Elton at the track the three of you seem to agree a lot often then ever before! Maybe Elton converted to the dark side.
Dan,

It actually started before the track day, but meeting Carl in person definitely helped move things along.

I take full blame for the tone of our initial disagreements. I tend to paint in rather broad strokes, and at times was overly strident in my position. I didn't always allow for a civil difference of opinion. I sometimes lost sight of the fact that both Carl and Randy are kind, caring, intelligent people, who, like me, want what's best for all of us. We just disagree on how to make that happen. That doesn't make them wrong and me right; it just means we see a different route to the finish line. In retrospect, I'm embarrassed by some of the things I said.

Elton

·
Administrator
20,391 Posts
Now THAT is the kind of statement expected from a man of honor and integrity.....

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Dan,

It actually started before the track day, but meeting Carl in person definitely helped move things along.

I take full blame for the tone of our initial disagreements. I tend to paint in rather broad strokes, and at times was overly strident in my position. I didn't always allow for a civil difference of opinion. I sometimes lost sight of the fact that both Carl and Randy are kind, caring, intelligent people, who, like me, want what's best for all of us. We just disagree on how to make that happen. That doesn't make them wrong and me right; it just means we see a different route to the finish line. In retrospect, I'm embarrassed by some of the things I said.

Elton
Well said.

Now THAT is the kind of statement expected from a man of honor and integrity.....
Agreed.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
WOW

I personally love arguing for the sake of argument, I suppose more for the sake of discussion. Elton you are right there are many ways to achieve a certain objective "more then one way to skin a cat" not that I've ever skinned a cat or anything.

Randy,
are you saying that Elton is invited to Babbulicious 2010? LOL

The F4 still rule over the Brutale

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Optimate 3+

The BEST charger you can buy. A bit more costly then a battery tender, but much "smarter" and a true charger, not just a "maintenance tender", with sulfated battery recovery capability.

If you only need one charger, buy the Optimate. If you need to maintain a fleet of bikes the Battery Tender is a good choice, but it is only a "maintainer".

I also have an optimate 3. there is a 4 out there, which has a 'fast charge' option I believe.

I really like it. I alternate amongst bikes.... really just 2 or 3, so not too much trouble. I didn't really spend much time browsing brands, I heard of this one and saw one at the shop so bought it.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
The 312r I purchased in March came with a tender and i haven't had any issues as of yet. The attachment came with the bike and all I have to do is lift the seat and plug it in. You guys might want to check with your dealer and see if this was something overlooked.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts