MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have more bikes than battery tenders, what kind of rotation do you have them on? Weekly? more/less?

I've got 3 bikes that I now put on the tender, every now and then. Usually for a week or so. but trying to look into how 'important' it is to have the charger do the checking phase. I don't see anything quite that specific on optimate's site. curious to hear others experiences/ideas....

thx,
-colin

·
Super Moderator
21,442 Posts
I just bought more battery tenders.
I did the same: Four bikes, four tenders...cheap peace of mind. Plus, they are always ready to ride!:f4:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, fair enough. I'll get another one..... 2 to 3 ratio is better.

optimate 3 or 4? :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
I think it depends on the bike having an alarm fitted,i have only got an alarm system on my MV,wich takes priority of the optimate,but do change it over to the others now and again just to keep them topped up,but the alarms are the draining factor.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I have one tender and I just move it around every few days between 4 bikes. No problems. I've had the same battery in the MV since 2002. I'd like to have another one but it's low on my list of priorities.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have only one tender for my 3 bikes. I hook it up every 3 weeks or so. I hook up one and rotate through bikes over a couple of days. My 749 still has original battery. Having a extra one would be nice but this is working for me.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts