MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2013 F3 675 came with a Battery Tender Waterproof 800 Automatic.

I’ve used it faithfully as prescribed by MV. However, it died as did the two year old Yuasa battery that replaced the OEM unit. I’m now on my third battery in four years of ownership. I was told that the bike’s charging system is working fine.

Has anyone else had their tender pack it in?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've never used it as I bought a Shorai and charger when I bought the bike. Be happy to send it to you if you want it. Send me a PM with info.
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Mine is 4 years old and still works a treat.

Never had problems with the OEM battery or charger though I did change to a LiPo battery as a precaution.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Yep, mine died after about a year or so. I'd plug it in and it would take a few goes at getting the light turned on. I ended up actually just buying a new one off amazon, with a UK plug. Seems to be working fine, although I have been having an issue with starting a few times. But I am not that confident in my Yuasa battery to be honest. My brother has a CTEK, which I may have a go at connecting up to see if it helps, but I need the Superseal adapter plug.

·
Registered
291 Posts
If it is within your budget, perhaps you might consider making the switch to Shorai? It was one of the first things I did when I brought mine home and I bought their brand of charger to go with it and it works just fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts