MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Replacing a battery on a 2011 F4 is "not simple" but a great way to explore how the bike is really designed by taking it apart one piece at a time. Yuasa switched the terminals of the battery and with how sort the wires are, it's a pain getting them to opposites placed terminals!

Question: Bought this bike used 2 years ago and in the past have taken all the fairing off for simple mods. While replacing the battery today, came across these connectors on the right side of the bike. What am I missing...are these connectors supposed to be connected to something or are they sorta expansion slots? See pics.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
FWIW, Yuasa does not swap the terminals on the batteries, you can however buy the wrong battery or/and you failed to notice that the battery goes in on it's side, and that way the terminals line up perfectly with the cables that way.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,489 Posts
?

F4_Toronto,

Next time take a picture...... and read the manual :stickpoke

Donsy provided you with a labeled one

:popcorn:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow! Love the attitude I get everytime I ask a question but looking past that let me clarify. I took out a Yuasa YTZ10S and replaced it with the same battery and the points are opposite...see pic.

Anyways, my question is about a set of unused connectors that I was trying to identify but I'll just read the manual.

Thank you for all the help!

F4_Toronto,

Next time take a picture...... and read the manual :stickpoke

Donsy provided you with a labeled one

Attachments

·
Registered
14,489 Posts
?

No, the battery is correct..........you are wrong

You weren't listening to us......

The flipping battery goes in on ITS SIDE......

That way the negative terminal is to the front........ Like in Donsy's picture......

Could he have made it any clearer???:stickpoke

It has probably been posted 1000+ times that the battery goes in on it's side ......

YES, IT'S STUPID.....but I'm not in charge:jerkoff:

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
And then..... are you sure Noel, very sure ! ? :)
We might still be wrong you know - :stickpoke

The connectors might be for a trickle charger F4 Toronto, show us a picture, then we might guess right this time. ?

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
I don't know. The posts sure look like they're in the same place on both pictures to me. :wtf: Donsy's in OZ so things are upside down for him but even so, seems obvious he and Noel are right. Not sure what you're looking at.

·
Registered
786 Posts
It took me like 5 seconds without reading any manual to figure the battery goes on its sideor else the terms are back to front. Battery acide everywhere in my battwry tray, so it could be probe to leaking. Dont like it.

·
Super Moderator
22,311 Posts
If there is leaking battery acid, you bought the wrong battery.
The battery goes on its side.
The negative(-) terminal forward.
The battery has to be an AGM type so there is no leakage.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can someone help

I have tried to purchase a lithium battery for the MV Augusta F4r 2007

Shido LTZ10S

do one equivalent and i purchased but the terminals are incorrect!!!

Can any one suggest another lithium battery

·
Super Moderator
22,311 Posts
Can someone help

I have tried to purchase a lithium battery for the MV Augusta F4r 2007

Shido LTZ10S

do one equivalent and i purchased but the terminals are incorrect!!!

View attachment 476177
Can any one suggest another lithium battery
The terminals ARE correct. The battery installs on its side with the negative terminal forward.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
I don't have my MV anymore but I do know the battery is mounted on its side so if the orientation of the battery is wrong it will look like the terminals are wrong,

·
Registered
1 Posts
FWIW, Yuasa does not swap the terminals on the batteries, you can however buy the wrong battery or/and you failed to notice that the battery goes in on it's side, and that way the terminals line up perfectly with the cables that way.
Thank You Extremely Much. I was having the same brain fart. Thanks a million!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts