MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys give me all of your knowledge. I took the Brute out for the first time this year. It was 58 degrees and had to take advantage of it. So I take the battery off the Tender and put it in the bike.......doesn't start. So I jump it with the Jeep and it fires right up. So I enjoyed an amazing hour ride. Forgot how easy it is to pull up the front wheel in the first three gears :yo: An awesome ride I enjoyed tonight.

Anyways, I get home and pull that bad boy into the garage. I turn it off to park it. So I decided to double check to see if the bike would start back up.....nope. Any thoughts on why my battery won't hold a charge?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sounds like you just need a new battery. Mine was doing the same a few weeks back and registering in the high 11's on the multimeter, even after a slow charge overnight on a battery charger.

Tenders can only do so much. An unhealthy battery is still going to crap out even hooked up to one 24/7/365.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I concur on the battery going bad.

If it had not run so well after you jumped it, and after a long ride, I might have suggested the alternator, or the 40A fuse.

But this looks like a battery that won't hold any juice.

Alex

·
Registered
119 Posts
sorry to here that your battery is not holding up, but mine took and shit as well. i just went out and got 1. here's the model number YTZ10S. I payed about 130.00 bucks 4 it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you guys think that the battery could be shot in less than a year? I'm assuming that would be a waranty issue with the battery. That have to waranty their batterys for more than a year. Well, I have my service coming up on April 7th so I will see then. Thanks for your input guys. I truly appreciate it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sassy little italian!!!!! :jsm: Just went out to see if she would start....turn the key.....hit the button......fires right up! I guess the battery is okay after all. Peace.......I'm off to ride :yo:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts