MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
It might be loose cables on battery terminals, or a lose ground wire. Also make sure the ground wire is tight at the back of the engine casing (not sure on the TV, but that is where the ground goes to on the other 3 cyl models) and makes good contact metal to metal. If that is all good, charge up the battery, start then bike and check voltage at battery terminals. While running with rpms up just a little you should see around 14V. That tells you your charging system is okay. If not, you have a bad regulator rectifier (more likely) or a bad alternator. You should do this test after a bit of a ride with the bike fully hot. Sometimes electrical components work fine when cold but break down when hot.
Good Luck and let us know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So after bike being parked up for nearly two weeks, I could not start it. Battery simply did not had charge to tick it over. Dash went out and on again with all trips resetting.
Weirdest thing is that bike was on trickle charge all that time. Checked charger light and it was steadily blinking before my attempt to start bike….
So is it [email protected] battery or something else? I have no alarms or other things wired in except Scottoiler. Could it be reason?🤔 or any other fault as I cannot believe it can drain battery with charger on
I would suggest you keep your bikes on battery tenders. It’s cheaper to buy a tender then a new battery. Also if doubt about state of charge, get a multi meter or better yet, a tester. Mine came from Amazon. You should have 12.75v. But even that may just be a surface charge. The tester will load the battery- if the voltage drops significantly, you’ll probably need a new battery.

·
Super Moderator
23,929 Posts
As for the engine ground connections and the voltage regulator output:

Reactions: Boriss

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
@silentservice703 nothing new for now. Today bike behaved perfect. Battery should arrive tomorrow and I’ll pick up multimeter up. So over weekend will check both charging power and everything else I can think of

·
Super Moderator
23,929 Posts
Be mindful of POLARITY and which wires go where. Take pictures prior to the swap.....

21 - 26 of 26 Posts