MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Admittedly ive stalled the bike on 2 x occassions. Following that the display shows low battery voltage and the bike wont start. Anyone experiencing the same? Is this a known fault or isolated to me?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
320 Posts
How's your battery? If you leave the bike parked up over night (without a charger), does it start fine in the morning?

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
Welcome to the forum Johnson, lot of guys having problems with the new bikes, right out of the shop. Get it replaced.
What model bike do you have, there is a issue with a sprag clutch on some of the 800's being sorted for some guys now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. I have the b800, have gone through the sprag clutch issue already and when I stalled it the first time and it wouldnt restart I thought it may be an isolated incident. On the second occassion I clutched it and rode it for a good 30 mins and the charged the battery for 14 hours. In the morning it still wouldnt start. Im confused? I imagine the bikes behaviour is not normal and there is a major electrical fault. Anyone experienced the same?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vee twin, the message which appears on the screen after stalling is batt low voltage 96v or there abouts. Perhaps the battery is cooked but doesnt explain the low voltage after stalling. Weird

·
Registered
56 Posts
Try to charge it for 24t. should be over 12v there. Typicaly 12.7 or so.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Stalling should not affect starting to the point of drained battery or non-function, IMO
I don't expect problems with the Koyo unless it was left to be dead at the dealer for some time. IMO.
I am on my original Koyo but my bike never sat in dealer, but fresh shipment into my hands. it has great voltage, even better than my Duc's Yuasa which is over 1.5 years old now. I personally think from my experience that the Koyo's are good batteries, as long as treated properly from new, although I do think about getting a Yuasa just in case as a spare, but where to find a fresh one? I went to my local battery shop and they had two Japan GS Yuasa YTZ10S in stock but both were over a year old by their codes and the static voltage left on the shelf was like 12.2. They tried to sell it to me at a 15% discount, but I rather pay the 15% and get on that reads as a new one should ~ 13V. My Koyo reads 13.2 after sitting overnight. YMMV.

·
Super Moderator
24,101 Posts
Any 6 cell battery should read 13.2 VDC. They produce 2.2 VDC per cell...you can do the math. Less than that is not up to par.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts