MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find a thread explaining or wasn't enough for me to understand. if there's one please link me below and close this thread.

I can't find a SAE connector on my Brutale 800 (2014), I have an Optimate5 Battery charger that I would like to connect for a few weeks as I'm going on vacation.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,750 Posts
I do not think your bike has an SAE connector for your Optimate. You could buy one and install it. Commonly available at auto and electronic stores.

Where is the original that came with your charger?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I connected the original BC that came with it but it keeps blinking the exclamation mark, I dont have the original box that came with it so I do not understand what it means..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do not think your bike has an SAE connector for your Optimate. You could buy one and install it. Commonly available at auto and electronic stores.

Where is the original that came with your charger?
What is the 2-pin exit called on the motorcycle so I can get one to support the SAE connector?

I have a couple more cables but doubt they're of any use without a SAE converter

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,836 Posts
You will not find an SAE connector on your Brutale 800.

The connector supplied is a liquid-tight connector, under the seat, on the bike's right hand side:

1.jpg

You will need an adapter as outlined to use your optimate:

2.jpg

·
Administrator
20,750 Posts
Your Alligator clamps have a SAE connector. You could use that if you can access the battery terminals.

·
Super Moderator
22,836 Posts
Where do you get your information?

Did you read the instructions that came with the original charger?

The supplied charger is a Smart Charger, like the Optimate or Battery Tender Plus.

I have a 2015 B3 800RR and I have left the Original Supplied Charger on the battery when the bike is not in use for periods of up to FOUR MONTHS...no ill effects.

When I hear the phrase: "I heard that....", it sets off alarms in my head.:ahhh::ahhh::ahhh:

Reactions: 0x0539

·
Registered
47 Posts
I couldn't find a thread explaining or wasn't enough for me to understand. if there's one please link me below and close this thread.

I can't find a SAE connector on my Brutale 800 (2014), I have an Optimate5 Battery charger that I would like to connect for a few weeks as I'm going on vacation.
MVs does not come with an SAE connector. That's why they supplies you a special trickle charger.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts