MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know what a standard Brutale 910 positive battery side should look like?

How many wire looms are attached to positive side?

And how many to negative side?

The bike is an Euro-3 spec from 4/2007 (not the productiondate but date it got a numberplate)

http://gallery.mvagusta.net/brutalebotty/photo/97786/

·
Super Moderator
22,356 Posts
Looks like 2 and 2 to me.

B4 910S Battery.jpg

·
Super Moderator
22,356 Posts
If you need pictures:

B4 Positive Terminal.jpg

B4 Negative Terminal.jpg

·
Super Moderator
22,356 Posts
Now, all of this, including downloading the manual from Donsy's site (look in every maintenance section at the top) took about 15 minutes of my time this morning over coffee.

I implore every owner to download their manuals from here:
http://www.teamdouble3racing.com/manuals.php

And familiarize yourself with your bike.

I am very familiar with bikes I do not own because I simply do what everyone should...when there is a question, first consult the manual.

You will be surprised at how much you learn.

·
Administrator
19,860 Posts
You may have additional wires attached for things like battery tenders or aftermarket alarms. Without those type add-ons there is just the one red and one black.

·
Super Moderator
22,356 Posts
...each of those has two leads, Ed...yes?

·
Administrator
19,860 Posts
But only one terminal

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Wrong pronounciation Noel, the battery has one terminal per polarity, the wiring has more that one termination per terminal. Lmfao, how's that for simantics Chuck ?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ed;

Two terminals on the negative post 1 on the positive.....

'08 910R

:popcorn:
Thanks Noel (and the others), me 910R buddie :smoking:.

Strange, i also have two leads on the negative post, and one on the positive post.

That's not what is being said (and shown) in the aforemantioned manual ...

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Thanks Noel (and the others), me 910R buddie :smoking:.

Strange, i also have two leads on the negative post, and one on the positive post.

That's not what is being said (and shown) in the aforemantioned manual ...
There should be 2 (-)'s Ed, one to motor, and the other is a lot of blue thin wires in a black sleeve, that's all the ancillary wiring loom connections.

·
Super Moderator
22,356 Posts
Wrong pronounciation Noel, the battery has one terminal per polarity, the wiring has more that one termination per terminal. Lmfao, how's that for simantics Chuck ?

My boy is growing up!:f4:

·
Super Moderator
22,356 Posts
Does anyone know what a standard Brutale 910 positive battery side should look like?

How many wire looms are attached to positive side?

And how many to negative side?

http://gallery.mvagusta.net/brutalebotty/photo/97786/
This is where precision can help.
What is missing above?
The model year.
We have been after folks for years to be as specific and as accurate as possible in order to help us help you.

Turns out the 2007 Brutale 910R has ONLY ONE wire terminated to the posititve terminal on the battery.

After I do a shutdown and restart of this infernal box, I'll see if I can post the image.

Please put your Specific Model and Year into the stem of all questions. That way we will not waste our time, or yours, nor will we then put out bad information.:ahhh::ahhh::ahhh:

·
Super Moderator
22,356 Posts
It makes a difference!!!

B4 2007 Battery Diagram.jpg

B4 2005-2006 Battery Diagram.jpg

·
Administrator
19,860 Posts
I got confused looking at mine.....battery tender positive lead is captured in the rubber cover on battery positive terminal , negative terminal has 3 wires. I thought I remembered the MV alarm ground being one of those and the battery tender the other.

Haven't had to mess with any of that in a long time. My bad. Glad the technical gurus got it sorted.

·
Super Moderator
22,356 Posts
Mind you, this does not take into account any accessories you may have installed.

·
Registered
14,505 Posts
I didn't mispronounce anything......

You should be able to understand battery post....as used in the US

It's the same in Afrikaans

Cable terminal is close ....kabel terminale

You should understand that

And what was the problem?

I sent Ed a picture of the connections

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Nobody asked why all these question yet ?
No Noel, it's not the same in Afrikaans mate, nice try though but you should know better than trust Google Translate. I was just kidding back there mate.

·
Registered
14,505 Posts
! wtf

I don't joke about technical advice.......

There are people that have to use Translator to figure things out......

Often it's wrong...... In French welding and brazing WERE the same word ......

It cost a French Canadian his oil tank on the track....... and be went down not too hard

Thankfully

1 - 20 of 21 Posts