MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried this battery? One of the Tech guys from the shop showed it to me and I was under the impression they want me to be a lab rat. Looks interesting though, the weight is ridiculous and it may be an answer to the minor power glitches due to the added crank power and amps. I might need a new battery due to me being not so nice to mine this winter.

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=915|Batteries and Battery Accessories&productID=6814&showDetail=1&categoryID=915|Batteries and Battery Accessories&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=

·
Registered
779 Posts
It does shave 4lbs off the bike... Actually it's pretty cheap in comparison. Can you find another part that shaves 4lbs off the bike for $239?

·
Registered
572 Posts
anyways, I'd be interested if it didn't cost 250 bucks. I mean, that's a lot of booze that could buy.

·
Registered
548 Posts
These are made with lithium ion laptop battery cells and a charging circuit. Thats about 3x the going rate for when that many cells are used for other purposes. Its a great idea to save weight and the possibility of acid leaking out and onto the swing arm. Shop around if you want one, someone else will be doing them at a better price. I have messed around with them and its not a complex product you are looking at. By the way the Tesla Roadster runs on like (guess) 2000 of the things, can't remember the exact number but its LOTS!

·
Registered
779 Posts
These are made with lithium ion laptop battery cells and a charging circuit. Thats about 3x the going rate for when that many cells are used for other purposes. Its a great idea to save weight and the possibility of acid leaking out and onto the swing arm. Shop around if you want one, someone else will be doing them at a getter price. I have messed around with them and its not a complex product you are looking at. By the way the Tesla Roadster runs on like (guess) 2000 of the things, can't remember the exact number but its LOTS!

"...These packs are not Lithium ION construction. Speedcell uses Lithium Ferrous cells that are not volatile or unstable....

You think they're bull shitting?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is why I asked? Yes money could be spent on booze! Yes I know I could loose the weight for less money! No I don't see any part on the market as of yet that will save that kind of weight that is functional for the price! So I am assuming no one has used because of the debate. I will know tomorrow if I need to order a new battery and I will strongly consider this one for LAB RAT purpose.

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
CHB--I wonder if they will give you a LAB RAT price reduction. Tell them you have brought the battery to this great international forum for discussion. Worth the try?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
:mouthwate well don't need the battery! I went for a beautiful ride yesterday because the weather was so nice and the bike as well as battery were fine. Took a nice cruise up to Highpoint on some of the twisties through Sussex county with caution that is considering crap from winter is still prevalent and I couldn't have asked for a nicer day. So I will save the money and I will allow someone else to become the lab rat.:brutale:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts