MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"wow really disappointed... 2013 MV 1000 F4 all stock.. only barely 158 rwhp. see notes..."

EDR Performance is adding the Bodis slip-on, PCV and Dyno. This was the initial reaction to the baseline dyno. Ouch! You can read all the comments on the Facebook page at EDRPERFORMANCE.

I hope the slip-on/PCV/Dyno clean it all up. I will update when done next week.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Is 158bhp bad for "out of the crate"??

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Jim, are they removing the catalytic converter?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jim, are they removing the catalytic converter?
Not at this point. The tech would rather not have it de-cated and tune it with the stock setup besides the slipon. Ar some point I would like to go with the bodis headers.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure if 158 is bad or not. His big concern was the throttle response more than anything else. I guess we thought it would be more.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Need more details: is this w/ the bike (computer) running in all "Normal" vs "sport" settings w/ the "traction control" set to "zero"?
With the new bikes you have to "computer" set the up; the bike before you go for "dyno" testing !

·
Registered
322 Posts
Is 158bhp bad for "out of the crate"??
It is when MV is claiming 200HP at the crank. 158hp at the wheel is more like 170hp at the crank. This is the little HP game that MV and Ducati are playing in an attempt to match the BMW S1000RR's numbers.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No change in HP, but other issues

Had the Bodis installed (slip-on only) and ultimately found out that Dynojet was mistaken and the PCV does not work on the 2013 model. Apparently the plugs are completely different. So I need to wait to see who comes out with one.

Other problem is with a base dyno and with the Bodis, still stock fueling, there are some serious glitches in the power curve. Some of it can be smoothed with a good tune, but EDR also believes something else is going on with the electronics besides fueling. Take a look at the major ups and downs on the graph. Anybody else have a base Dyno done to their 2013 model year F4? I just want to make sure it is not just my bike and I ave a problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
2012 has the same motor no? I'm planning on doing a bone stock run on mine in the near future. If I do, obviously I'll share it here.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Why do you say its bad MV Dyno work. What are they doing wrong?
For one thing, it'd be nice if they provided a proper graph. With the graph so short (rather than square, full page) it's harder to see the detail in the curve.

·
Registered
229 Posts
2012 has the same motor no? I'm planning on doing a bone stock run on mine in the near future. If I do, obviously I'll share it here.
2012 has the same motor but 2013 has:
1. Twin Mikuni injectors (as opposed to the single injector per cylinder on the 2012) and
2. ElDor ECU as opposed to the Magneti Marelli 7BM ECU .

Oddly enough the ElDor Dyno that Jim has posted up here shows the same Fueling issues as the (older) Marelli unit !?!

But, please do post your results! -Davis

1 - 20 of 51 Posts