MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems official...Alex Barros will join Moto GP next season with Dantin team and Ducati...what's next...maybe Ago :D ? I personally think he's a great pilot but his time has passed...let the children play!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I think he showed poor starts but great courage throughout the year in WSBK. Does he have the season record for number of passes? hehehe I'm happy to see him with the new 800 D'antin but otherwise would think that is not as desireable as a top WSBK ride as Klaffi seemed to have become by year's end.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
FERROMAN said:
Seems official...Alex Barros will join Moto GP next season with Dantin team and Ducati...what's next...maybe Ago :D ? I personally think he's a great pilot but his time has passed...let the children play!!!!!!
Name another rider who has beaten Rossi on equal equipment in a straight up fight. (ie not Honda vs. Yamaha, I'm talking Honda vs. Honda or Yamaha vs. Yamaha)

There's only one other that I know of other than Barros.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Nobody bites.

This answer is for the 4 stroke MotoGP era only, but I think only 2 people beat Rossi on the same bike was when he was on a Honda. And I think only Barros and Ukawa have done it. I don't think he was ever beat by a Yamaha while he was riding a Yamaha in a straight up fight (ie no rain, crashes, etc)?

Barros is capable.

I hear a lot of buzz about newer riders who haven't even come close to winning a race, yet Barros has and has been competitive for years.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
acruhl said:
Name another rider who has beaten Rossi on equal equipment in a straight up fight. (ie not Honda vs. Yamaha, I'm talking Honda vs. Honda or Yamaha vs. Yamaha)

Colin Edwards Laguna 2005. :smoking:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
721 said:
To be fair though, this was Valentino's first visit to a very specific track
No doubt. Rossi is much better than Colin. But Colin did manage to beat him, this day.

That's the thing with Colin. It sure seems like he can turn it on. It's like he isn't willing to take chances during the normal season. I'm sure he'd like to win, who wouldn't. But from the outside observer it seems like he doesn't fight and settles for finishing 5th overall in the points.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yeah I agree Gladio, I felt real bad for Colin after he blew the Assen race this year. Maybe things would've changed. How many times have we seen before were once a rider or driver gets their first victory, the wins start rolling along. As if the final hurdle was purely the headgames. Undoubted talent & seems like a great guy.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Shoulda said "for the win", but nice one Jack. I was pretty surprised to see that, honestly. Edwards never really adopted the place like some other Americans have (Nicky, Ben Bostrom).

And I guess next year we get to find out if they fixed the track... How silly did it look this year when the track came apart?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I don't know. Edwards on the stars and stripes RC51 at Laguna in 2002 started his winning streak to catch back up to Bayliss. Of course Bayliss gets an assist for crashing... Any chance we'll have a Bayliss/Edwards 2002 WSB type race between Nicky and Rossi for the win of MotoGP Sunday ??? Would be cool and we shall see.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
acruhl said:

Not sure what you mean by *equal* bikes but Gibernau beat Rossi several times in 2003 when both were on Hondas and Biaggi also won a race that year while riding a Honda.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I'll have to check my facts, but I think that if you look into the results, you'll find that Rossi had a problem with the bike or some other problem (penalty, etc) either most or all of those times.

Like I said, I could be wrong... I'll have to go back and research this one again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts