MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two Days at home, I registered my Brutale in PA and installed a few few things I purchased from EvolutionBike.
Since a while I looked for Screen for my Brutale.
I have a Biondi which is really not a too great looking Kit in my eyes.
So the search went on and I found the Tamburini Screen which is not available for 3 month and a lot of cash.
But at EvolutionBike I found the Barracuda Screen and this is comparable really affordable, for 90 Euro only.
It is a nice made Kit, with all mounting hardware, easy to install and a simple sleek look.
I love it so far and the next Days I will give it the Road Test.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, Edward, 70 miles in sunny 85F two days ago and 150 miles today in cloudy and rainy conditions over country roads and sections of interstates.
The screen does what I believe it is made for.
No more wind pressure on the upper body at higher speeds.
The wind is more directed to the helmet area.
Once above 75 to 80mph I tucked behind the screen, it is pretty quite behind it and the wind is brushing over the helmets top.
I'm quite happy with it and will keep it on for sure.
Too it you can adjust the angle of the screen since the upper mounting holes are maybe 20mm long holes.
I didn't came to this yet.
In my eyes thumbs up for the Barracuda Screen.

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Hi Ralf,

Thanks for the follow-up test. It seems like it'll help reduce fatique during longer rides. Is your vision of the road obstructed in anyway? Seeing the road condition at slower speeds is important around Philadelphia.

·
Administrator
19,860 Posts
Looks very nice Ralf.... I was looking for screens years back and gave up. Maybe time to think again?

Reactions: Edward

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Ralf,

Thanks for the follow-up test. It seems like it'll help reduce fatique during longer rides. Is your vision of the road obstructed in anyway? Seeing the road condition at slower speeds is important around Philadelphia.
That Screen is only a few Inches above the Speedometer and not in my vision by any means.
I had it in the higher or highest Position in the last Days.
I adjusted it Today Evening to the lowest Position before I ride tomorrow to the Grand Canyon of PA.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I made it Yesterday to the Grand Canyon of PA.
The lowest possible Position of the Screen proved to be the winner.
I had everything from Interstates, Highways, Backroads and miles of Gravel on the West Rim Road of the Canyon.
Thats why the agricultural look of my Brutale.
Hey no Turbulences around at the Helmet or Neck, no wind pressure on my upper torso.
I'm perfectly happy with the Barracuda Screen.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts