MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
But you don't know what the final price will be? It's open to offers and has 6 days to run.

Still if you need one that's not relevant - I paid a small fortune for an NOS OEM Dellorto for my 63' GS Vespa (virtually impossible to find). The GS has a specific carby that wasn't compatible with all the other Vespas of the time.

That was the same day that I met Dorian for the first at the Novergro Scambio in Italy. I just made the connection - every time I see or talk to Dorian it seems to cost me money! :laughing:

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Now that IS a bargain - well certainly compared to what I paid for the one I spoke of above :cry:

·
Registered
576 Posts
May i suggest that if any of you find 'cheap' Dellorto carbs anywhere you just BUY THEM!

I can not believe the rate at which there increasing in price.

SSI's are now £500/£600 USED, while even the little UB's etc are selling for £150 ish.

I think it won't be long untill we will be seing 'modern' Mikunis etc fitted just because there available at a reasonable price.

Talking of which, i will be testing a 750 'four' fitted with a bank of Mikunis very soon, it will be interesting to see what difference they make.

Dorian.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With that in mind I will post any listings I see for those at a decent price. It's definitely worth having a spare carb or two as I know from experience....

·
Registered
523 Posts
Talking of which, i will be testing a 750 'four' fitted with a bank of Mikunis very soon, it will be interesting to see what difference they make.

Dorian.
Mark Kay sold this one not so very long ago. I think the Mikunis look a little 'wrong' when squeezed in such a limited amount of space. The bell-mouths barely have space to breathe! These are massive carbs though, so maybe a set of smaller ones would be better suited.

I have a magazine article featuring this particular bike, and in it Mark Kay claims it to be the fastest MV four in the UK. It's wearing the early model lower compression cylinder head, so I wonder just where it gets its performance? Engine number shows its 600cc origins.

Steve

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts